Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
- What You Will Get to Do:
As part of the PMO team, the technical specialist will be responsible for execution and evaluation of projects focused on PFSA’s FA electronic assembly solutions, both hardware and PanaCIM EE™ software suite as well as P-10.
Providing support to sales and other project managers to create and review the technical aspects of the implementation plans.
This person will perform pre-site assessments to determine the customer readiness for implementation and the project scope.
The technical specialist is also responsible for managing all aspects of the software implementation including hardware needed, updating and maintaining BOMs, software purchasing agreements and legal constraints of software and hardware shipments.
- Technical resource to create an review Implementation Plans:
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and the customer to get agreement on what is going to be done and results that will be achieved
- Accountability for the technical accuracy of the Implementation Plans
- Work with stakeholders to complete project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
- Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout project life cycle
- Review technical order packets and approve them for operations to proceed
- Perform sales support and pre-site audits:
- Provide assistance and consultative services to customers in site preparation for software & equipment installations
- Work with sales and customer to come to agreement on the system requirements and operating procedures including the acceptance criteria for the system.
- Work with sales in a pre-sale mode to help obtain the PO
- Manage the technical aspects of software implementation:
- Maintain the BOMs for software implementation by module, this include but is not limited to brackets, wiring, scanners, and networking hardware.
- Understand and maintain the software agreements needed to install the PanaCIM software suite in varying customer environments.
- Maintain the installation documentation for software implementations
Technical assistant for software upgrades :
- Work with team members and customer to determine what is needed for a software upgrade
- Assist the Technical Account Managers in explaining the benefits and requirements for a upgrade
- Determine an accurate cost assignment for the upgrade determine time and expenses
What You Bring:
Education & Experience:
- AS degree or higher, Technical or Vocational school degree, or relevant military training required in applicable areas of software, programming, software system implementation, mechanical, electrical, and electromechanical, applied technologies Prior SMT manufacturing/capital equipment experience Required.
- Familiarity and capability in software systems, IT infrastructure, networking, wireless access and programming
- Bilingual, English/Spanish Highly preferred
A high degree of initiative, creativity, and trouble-shooting skills, along with a highly collaborative, detail-oriented, and organizational nature are critical to success, due to the highly complex nature of technical and interpersonal situations encountered in day-to-day activities., Solidly functional capabilities in use of software systems, IT infrastructure, networking, wireless access connectivity and programming.
Ability to take any necessary action to ensure objectives are fully achieved, and deadlines and commitments are met.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively and professionally with all organizational levels and management, internally and externally, are required and essential to success in this position, and in PFSA activities, in general.
- Capability in effective communication with internal departments (Technical Support, Sales, Product Teams, Spare Parts, Engineering, Order Processing, Accounting, etc),
- Capable of lifting over 50 pounds (22.7 kg), standing for long periods on factory floors, and maneuvering in factory production environments and confined spaces to execute technical activities
Ability and willingness to travel (often 20%, or greater), domestically and internationally, often with very short or immediate notice, with flexible work hours, including non-standard business hours, weekends, and occasional holidays, as may be necessary to meet customer project schedules and demands..
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.