Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
The expectations for this role will change according to the different management phases the Facilities team will be responsible for as the Gigafactory moves through the construction phase to the maintenance phase. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of being adaptable and flexible.
Maintain and update daily, the construction project schedule to track the installation of various utilities being brought to the manufacturing equipment tools for PENA.
Interface (via phone, email, text, and in person) with subcontractors, county inspectors, independent inspectors, and the Tesla construction management team. To ensure the Facilities team’s ability to manage and report the flow of construction and respond to manufacturing demands.
Responsible for arranging energizations, inspections, room turnovers, and assist in Facilities department communications.
Communicate any delays and pertinent information shared with them to ensure the maximum effectiveness of the Facilities department.
Once the construction phase is completed, the Facilities Coordinator will aid the Facilities Management Team by assisting in the coordination of preventive maintenances, record keeping and documentation, service request management, procedure development, safety training, maintenance training, SharePoint training, purchasing and procurement, project management, and team communications.
Education / Experience:
- Understanding and experience working as part of a Project Management team, preferably in a construction setting.
- Desire to learn and be a part of a dynamic Facilities Management team.
- Update and track construction installation schedules using MS Excel.
- Professionally address issues and concerns of the Facilities team using MS Outlook and Word.
- Be able to put together presentation material using MS PowerPoint.
- Other desired areas of experience would be a familiarity with MS Project, Oracle P6 (Prima Vera), and MS SharePoint.
- General knowledge of accounting principles and some familiarity with accounting/procurement software.
The minimum requirements for the Project Engineer position are:
- Bachelor level degree preferred in Project Management, Construction Management, or Engineering (Civil or Mechanical preferred). A combination of experience and schooling will be considered if candidate is able to effectively prove their ability to perform the duties as described above.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Proven skill with the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Be able to walk throughout the factory and climb stairs and ladders as needed.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.