Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The position:Manage multiple development projects. Leads projects from definition through customer delivery.
- Definition of Project Scope
- Requirements management including requirements collection, analysis, flow down, traceability and change assessment/control/impact mitigation.
- Generate manpower estimates and high-level schedules for input into proposals.
- Participate with management in the analysis of customer requirements and development of high-level system requirements.
- Develop a requirements database to manage all customer system requirements.
- Creation of Project Plans
- Establish, execute and manage project plans, tasks, schedules and priorities.
- Provide visibility of resource requirements for assigned projects.
- Provide SOW generation and subcontractor management.
- Tracking and Control of Project Execution
- Maintain baseline control of customer requirements and traceability of the requirements through to the completion and compilation of test reports.
- Manage and assess change requests throughout the project implementation.
- Maintain engineering schedules tracking the development of the system functions throughout the relevant engineering departments.
- Provide reports and establish and drive meetings as required for successful completion of the project.
- Facilitate utilization level of assigned project resources and provide visibility.
- Resolution of Conflicts and Issues
- Provide problem/issue identification, tracking and resolution.
- Act as liaison to organizations outside of Engineering.
- Participate in strategic process improvement initiatives and technological strategies.
- Participate in continual improvement of processes, procedures. etc.
- Coordinate with the PMO, customer and the company departments as required to identify, track and resolve issues.
- Communication with Team Member and Project Stakeholders
- Facilitate engineering activities (including design, development, documentation, test and certification) required to deliver first production of software, mechanical, electronic, and electromechanical subsystems and systems to customer schedule, cost and technical requirements.
- Coordinate the procurement and selection of parts, materials, equipment, IP and/or processes with vendors and suppliers.
- Coordinate pre-production and production transfer to manufacturing.
- Enforce and apply standard techniques, procedures, processes and criteria to engineering assignments.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in EE or CS or related engineering degree.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in software and/or electronic development.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent time management skills combined with a skilled ability to multiplex across different tasks/programs while tracking and maintaining issues.
- Ability to identify and avoid potential problems before they occur.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to read situations and apply diplomacy and tact in communications needed to perform duties.
- Ability to resolve scheduling and priority problems/conflicts across multiple projects.
- Ability to lead a team efficiently and logically through technical difficulties/issues.
- Uses professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Demonstrated good judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Some travel, up to 5% may be required.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off:
- Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.