- Manage product development cycle: project kickoff, requirements definition, development, test and integration, manufacture, certification, first product delivery for the launch customer.
- Manage project requirements definition, analysis, flow down, and compliance across multiple organizations. Ensure requirements traceability and apply change control and impact assessments as necessary.
- Generate high level schedules and manpower estimates for input into proposals.
Manage Project Plans
- Create and manage project plans using MS Project.
- Collaborate with key project stakeholders to establish the project requirements and define the necessary detail project tasks and dependencies.
- Maintain engineering schedules, tracking the development, certification, and manufacturing of new product throughout product launch.
- Generate third party supplier SOW’s from product and project requirements.
Leadership and Control of Project Execution
- Execute and actively manage project plans, action items, and priorities.
- Drive meetings as required for successful completion of the project.
- Prepare meeting agendas and take meeting notes; manage action item lists.
- Maintain baseline control of customer requirements and traceability of the requirements through to the completion and compilation of test reports.
- Facilitate and assess change requests throughout the project implementation.
- Implement risk mitigation plans as necessary.
- Enforce and apply standard techniques, procedures, processes and criteria to engineering assignments.
Resolve Conflicts and Issues
- Provide problem/issue identification, tracking and resolution.
- Act as liaison to organizations outside of Engineering.
- Coordinate with PMO, customer and the company departments as required to identify, track and resolve issues.
- Provide weekly communication and coordination with project team members and key project stakeholders.
- Present project status to Executive Management, and on occasion to external customers in a professional manner.
- Facilitate engineering activities (including design, development, documentation, test and certification) required to deliver first production of hardware per schedule, cost and technical requirements.
- Coordinate the procurement and selection of parts, materials, equipment, IP and/or processes with vendors and suppliers.
- Coordinate pre-production and design transfer to manufacturing.
- EE Bachelor’s degree preferred, will consider CS or related engineering degree with prior experience managing EE design projects.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in hardware EE design, and 3 years project management. Prefer supervisory experience with Engineering organization.
- Ability to lead a team efficiently and logically through technical difficulties/issues.
- Ability to resolve scheduling and priority problems/conflicts across multiple projects.
- Escalates issues to Management in a timely fashion.
- Must possess expert level proficiency in MS Project.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Solid time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Some travel, up to 5% may be required.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.