Panasonic – Project Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get to Do:
Provide Governance, Regulatory and Compliance support to sales companies, Business Divisions and factories for all products and solutions:
- Responsible for ensuring that Panasonic adheres to and complies with regulatory requirements and internal policies, specifically with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), US Human and Health Services (HHS), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Department of Energy and UL (among others).
- Lead our partner through their onboarding with us and implementation of our integrated data platform.
- Responsible for implementation management and execution supporting customers and end-users. Including but not limited to project management, consultation, implementation, training, business related support and serving as liaison with other teams within the Company.
- Provide support to end users to ensure they are fully adopting and integrating products into their process and managing a smooth transition to our Partner Success team for continued service and use.
- There is a strong emphasis on technical aspects of this profession and scientific understanding. Responsible for the project management of complex and multidisciplinary projects encompassing the product lifecycle ensuring completion to timescales and budgets. Responsible for developing international/multinational regulatory perspectives, regulatory strategy and plans and manages all phases of the engineering work.
Governance, Regulatory and Compliance:
- Secure and ensure products and solutions obtain and maintain all required regulatory certification needed to meet national, regional and/or local regulatory requirements and internal policies in an industry-accepted and timely manner
- (e.g., DoE, EPA, FCC, FDA and other federal and state agencies).
- Review, generate and/or approve labeling for compliance before product release.
- Provide training for Business Division and factory staff on current and new regulatory requirements.
- Communicate regulatory agency/industry positions within the regulatory department.
- Conduct and participate in technical meetings with regulatory advisory committees and agencies.
- Participate in professional associations, local, international and regional industry trade groups and appropriate standard organizations
Technology Implementation (manage, configuration, consulting, troubleshooting, assist):
- Ensure that purchased software systems meet technical and business needs.
- Assist/support group with issues and user testing
- Assist with development of training aids, including training handbooks, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and other reference materials.
- Maintain a general knowledge of all Company solutions and services
- Conduct live or web-based training courses as required – virtually and on-site
- Provide guidance, recommendations, and solutions throughout the entire implementation process. Share industry knowledge, proven process flows, and best practices to assist in meeting business needs.
What You'll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred
- Training and accreditation to pertinent industry accreditation programs
- Experience in electric/electronic product testing and compliance.
- Experience in implementing technology.
- Responds quickly to issues escalated.
- Ensures superior customer satisfaction with services.
- Monitors processes and solutions, ensuring they meet business and company needs
- Proactively identifies and removes barriers that would prevent from meeting our customer needs
- Generate timely, complete and accurate updates.
- Analyzes complex data from multiple sources.
- Identifies trends and patterns amongst various data sets.
- Uses in-depth probing to gather further information.
- Approaches problems with own and other’ perspective in mind; recognizes other ways to tackle problems.
- Supports and encourages others to produce a range of workable solutions
- Speaks clearly and articulately.
- Speaks with authority and conviction when working with peers, Business Division and factory staff.
- Communicates information in a clear and easy to understand manner and ability to work with personnel at all management levels both inside and outside the company.
- Quickly gets to the point in communications; communications are concise.
- Provides information to the team about important company policies and initiatives.
- Good presentation skills required to ensure clarity and audience engagement.
- Must be able to unpack, lift and repack products shipped from factory for testing.
- Business travel - 10 percent Domestic/International.
- Proficient in the use of modern technology.
- Regulatory Strategy
- Assist is standard operating procedure development and review.
- Assist in the development of regulatory strategy and update strategy based upon regulatory changes.
- Evaluate regulatory impact on products.
- Determine trade issues to anticipate regulatory obstacles.
- Continue to revisit and compare regulatory outcomes with initial product concepts to make recommendations on future actions.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.