Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The Project Engineer II will research, plan and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems. Direct and coordinate the activities involved in the creation of engineering documentation and manufacturing of in-flight entertainment systems (IFE).
- Create feasibility studies of customer/OEM requirements. Generate layout and expand to viable working layout in conjunction with all PANASONIC, OEM and customer specifications and/or requirements. Layout must meet the requirements of internal Panasonic design procedures.
- Establish engineering design schedules.
- Adhere to all Panasonic design process/standards and align with quality standards.
- Maintain detailed records to establish and verify design evolution.
- Evaluate new and/or existing designs for cost savings implementation and ease of manufacturing.
- Participate in all pertinent design reviews i.e. PDR, CDR and FAI. Initiate and facilitate all internal technical reviews.
What we're looking for:
- BSME in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years' airline and /or avionics experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of in-flight entertainment industries including systems principles, thermal constraints, wiring installation, and knowledge of FAA and/or JAA regulatory requirements.
- Proficiency with CAD software (Pro/E-wildfire, Pro-Cable, RSD, windchill) and MS Software.
- Awareness and concept of Quality Management, Design for Manufacturability, Total Quality Control and ISO 9000.
- Theoretical knowledge of Program Management practices including schedule management and ability to review schedules for critical path and task-oriented relationships.
- Must be capable of clearly identifiable contributions to the success of a project. Provides technical consulting to peers or immediate manager.
- Develops solutions to clearly defined problems which have similar precedents available. Problem solving analysis involves selecting the best alternative method or process from among several existing alternatives or based on evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Makes significant decisions including implementations and program requirements. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Requires planning projects for which they are responsible. Requires planning for logistics and external/internal dependencies across multiple disciplines.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off:
- Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.