Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Research, plan and design IFE electrical wiring design components. Perform original system wiring diagram and wiring assembly design based on systems specifications and customer, regulatory and OEM requirements for production and retrofit applications.
- Design and develop Panasonic In-Flight Entertainment System (eFx, 3000i and eX2 System) engineering documentation to support airline and customer and OEM requirements including:
- Design System Wiring Diagram for new production and retrofit aircrafts.
- Create cable and harness assembly from the wiring diagram.
- Support Advanced Engineering, Project Management, Certification and other departments within PAC to coordinate program requirements.
- Provide support and participate in design and customer meetings to ensure project is meeting design requirements: ITCM’s, PDR’s, CDR’s, FAI’s, DQV’s and other meetings.
- Review and demonstrate compliance with Boeing specifications (Electrical Design and Installation Requirements for Monuments) and Airbus specifications. (Frame Specification, Customized Specs, Electrical Design Requirements, etc.)
- Support and coordinate design activities with Engineering Airbus, and Boeing to develop new hybrid system 3000i and new eX2 wiring design with 3rd generation LRUs.
- Develop new system design with 3rd party vendor LRU such as Global Communication Suite. Work with internal and external engineering groups to integrate third-party equipment within PAC system requirements.
- Mentor and perform design checking of lower level Project Engineers projects.
- Understand wire, connector and components (circuit breaker, relays, switches, etc.) and be able to develop source control documents.
- Understand wire and cable specification and properly use them in the wire design for proper impedance matching.
- Must have a detailed knowledge and understanding of airline regulatory guidelines and OEM design requirements.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of In-Flight Entertainment system integration requirements.
- Working knowledge of Airbus and Boeing electrical design requirements as well as components and manufacturing processes standards.
- Working knowledge of military, commercial or industry standards for aircraft electrical wiring design including power, gigabit Ethernet and fiber optic wiring design, fabrication, routing and installation.
- A high degree of understanding of aircraft and avionic terms is highly desirable.
- Highly experienced in Microsoft Application Software (Excel, Windows, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat) and software application(s) (Pro/Engineer, Routed System Designer, AutoCAD) is required.
- Must use effective time management to handle multiple projects.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to work independently and be assertive.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ of passenger cabin/aircraft design experience in the aircraft In-Flight Entertainment or Aerospace industry.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
Project Design Engineer
As a global policy, Panasonic does not recognize resumes or other application materials submitted from staffing agencies and search firms outside of our system. Therefore, please do not submit resumes or other application materials through the external Panasonic web site or directly to our employees. Any resumes or other application materials submitted through the external web site or directly to employees of Panasonic or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates will not be eligible for any agency fee, and the resume and other application materials will be added to our database for direct recruitment.
Panasonic assigns only certain positions to approved staffing agencies and search firms that have a current agreement with Panasonic in place. Not all positions are eligible for an agency fee.
Join our Talent Community!
Not ready to apply? Joining our talent community not only provides you with job updates but insider peeks on some of the innovative technologies you could work on.