Job Title: Workplace Specialist
Shift: Monday-Friday – Day Shift
The Workplace Specialist will tap into his/her creativity, organizational, and time management skills to ensure work areas at the Gigafactory are adequate to provide the best employee experiences. The Specialist must ensure goals and objectives are met and operations run smoothly and efficiently. The Specialist works in a fast-paced environment and strives for employee work environment satisfaction. Additionally, the Specialist brings enthusiasm, dedication, and a collaborative spirit to build and maintain office spaces that facilitate cutting edge innovation.
- Work closely with the Workplace Supervisor on implementation and completion of office environments such as layout & space planning, office furniture & décor arrangement, move coordination, and office supplies
- Common space management & maintenance which includes Café, break rooms, offices, meeting rooms, restrooms, entrances, lobbies, and corridors
- Review and approve invoices
- Assist with planning and coordinating special projects which includes factory visitor tour routes
- Research methods to improve cost-effectiveness
- Assist Workplace Supervisor with management of a large-scale office environment and supporting daily operations as part of a workplace team member
- Work closely with other members of the company on a consistent basis in all aspects of workplace management and support
- Work with internal teams for assistance with company events, special events, company meetings, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in business or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in Workplace, or related responsibility
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Large scale, workplace experience and start-up experience
- Being open to accept challenges and execution to achieve targets
- Be positive, proactive, and collaborate with other members to build successful projects
- Detailed oriented while assisting operations
- Experienced and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and proficiency in collecting, analyzing, and presenting data
- Ability to communicate successfully at all levels, including internal and external relationships
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to walk extensively through the Gigafactory and access construction areas daily
- Ability to work weekends/nights as needed when urgent issues arise
- Follow company safety requirements and procedures
- Customer service experience a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Preference for hands-on experience using Blue Beam and Revit
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 20%
- Walk: 60%
- Stand: 10%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.