Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society s use of and perceptions of electric power.
This is fantastic opportunity for a motivated Program Manager who has experience in high volume Manufacturing to help define the project improvement activities and facilitate projects through to completion with expected benefits.
This is a newly created team, and an unmatched opportunity for someone to help facilitate change on a massive scale at the largest Lithium Ion battery manufacturer in the World.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary, international team focusing on facilitation and building structure and governance to support the PENA Business Plan. In this role, you will:
- Manage a Program composed of multiple projects, which may involve, but is not limited to: determining key performance indicators, deliverables and timelines, coordinating and leading meetings, preparing meeting minutes and status reports, working with team members to resolve issues, coordinating activities and tasks with individuals from multiple teams and departments.
- Work extensively with stakeholders and business process owners to coordinate end to end requirements, design, testing and deployment including change management associated with initiatives.
- Complete work with minimal guidance and direction, where typical project management assignments have a medium to high level of complexity which may involve unstructured and ambiguous situations.
- Work with remote teams to ensure timely delivery from design through delivery which may require abnormal working hours.
- Communicate and escalate to senior management on status, risk and change control.
- Often serve in a mentoring role.
- Manage and deliver assigned projects to agreed timescales, budgets and quality standards.
- Gain an understanding of all operational processes and procedures.
- Develop relationships and expertise within the divisions to provide continued value-add services.
- Support project teams in creating a business case, including cost benefit analysis.
- Provide support to execute the strategy of continuous improvements key customer and financial metrics by managing a program and projects, communicating progress, escalating road blocks and clear and timely communication to stakeholders.
- Consistently apply project management and governance standards to determine which project management approach and tool(s) are appropriate for different project stages based on the scale and scope of the objective.
- As needed, assist with leadership presentations and provide input to/support the project portfolio and/or resource management processes.
- 5+ years of program and/or project management (PMI) experience required.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Science, or closely related field.
- Experience in process improvement in a high-volume manufacturing environment preferred with proven ability to manage multiple demands successfully and within a matrixed organization.
- Solid understanding of Project Management methodologies and principles and possesses strong technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to pivot between multiple tasks and projects as the business need changes.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Excel and Project required; Oracle Primavera P6 knowledge preferred.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship leadership and conflict resolution skills, with a proven track record of positively collaborating, influencing and extensively coordinating with internal and external partners including Senior Leaders.
- Team player, comfortable to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, within a cross-border, remote team environment.
- Strong organizational skills (planning, prioritizing) and communication skills (written, verbal, listening) are critical to this position, as is the ability to successfully adapt to diverse people and situations, manage conflict, proactively resolve issues, and complete assignments on time.
- Must demonstrate skills in negotiation and facilitation techniques and interact professionally with staff and management at all levels.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.