Panasonic – Program Manager, Logistics Transformation
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
PNA Logistics prides itself on delivering Lean solutions across a wide range of logistics functions. The key to our success is largely dependent on stellar program/project management. We’re currently searching for an experienced program manager to join our ranks and lead a highly visible logistics transformation program. The ideal candidate will have a sharp business mind and a proven ability to standardize, track and implement strong project initiatives. As a natural born leader, you will have outstanding talent for project coordination and delegation. Ultimately, you are motivated by the desire to deliver results and nurture project success from inception to completion.
This role is responsible for leading and standardizing the PNA Logistics transformation projects to deliver operational excellence, strategy execution, and customer delight across all functions. Current transformation projects focus on Lean logistics operations, process automation, logistics IT systems strategy, and customer solutions. This leader will build a best-in-class customer focused project/program focus through utilization of a lean management philosophy and driven by data-based decisions through KPI management, voice of customer and continuous improvement.
Objectives of this Role:
- Standardize, implement, and maintain program/project initiatives that drive logistics transformation
- Develop program/project assessment KPIs and protocols for evaluation and improvement
- Maintain and drive project standards of customer satisfaction, schedule, quality, cost and performance
- Oversee multiple project teams, ensuring program goals are aligned and achieved
- Create and manage budget and funding channels for maximum productivity
Logistics Transformation Program/Project Management:
- Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, schedule, budget, and sequencing for new initiatives
- Manage program and project teams for optimal return-on-investment and Lead cross-project initiatives
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Develop and manage budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives
- Work with others to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver Executive Level program/project reports and briefings
- Create and implement benchmark project governance structure and tracking
Lean Operations Champion:
- Study, learn and implement Lean program management, problem solving, process improvement and continuous improvement in multiple areas of our business
- Facilitate structured problem-solving initiatives by utilizing proven lean concepts
- Leverage previous experience with Lean Methodologies and be capable of leading peers and associates through continuous improvement Kaizen Events
- Inspire teammates to embrace Lean principles and drive a lean culture into logistics
- Drive data-based decision making for continuous improvement of customer operations through KPI management and lean best practices.
- Create and implement a high-performance culture within PNA Logistics operations.
- Lead by example and promote a customer focused, results driven and accountable team.
- Develop talent to insure lean continuous improvement within logistics
- Promote employee development through training, project opportunities for skills expansion, and individual development plans for all team members.
What You’ll Bring:
- Manages 1 direct report and has indirect leadership of 5 solution/project managers
- Responsible for a $3M+ program budget and influences $120M+ in operational spend annually
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS in Supply Chain, Logistics or related area. MBA a plus
- 6+ years of project management, preferred experience in managing Logistics and Operations teams
- Lean Continuous Improvement Experience Required, certifications a plus
- PMP Certifications required, ASCM/APICS Certifications a plus
- Operational transformation experience including ERP and SCM Systems implementations
- Displayed and sustained program/project management excellence
- Innovative and collaborative to drive organizational change
- Strategic thinking and analysis capabilities including identifying risks and opportunities.
- Proven negotiation capability
- Experience managing large, complex projects within a global organization
- Data analytical skills to drive decision making
- Previous experience leading peers and associates utilizing LEAN methodologies to drive and sustain continuous improvements which remove waste and improve results to serve our customers
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Ability to solve complex problems and propose alternative solutions
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization as well as externally to customers & suppliers
- Collaboration and influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Travel 15%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.