Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- Manages large Airline accounts with the most complexity/integration activities, demanding delivery timelines and complex products with customers. Requires an experience and confident leader who demonstrates the capability to prepare and deliver effective presentations, to analyze and interpret customer requirements, to plan and monitor effectively and be a champion for customer satisfaction while managing program performance to meet the needs of the company. There may be engineering product developments and installation designs coordination. This includes interaction with functional departments; Engineering, Logistics, Product Support, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Osaka and Regional Offices. Support OTD, Technical Data requirements, Fit Check, and Test parts. Will ensure that customer requirements are adequately defined, uniformly understood and appropriately planned to achieve the successful execution of the program. Will be the program focal point for the total program success.
- Maintain compliance with departmental operating procedures.
- Develop and maintain program plans that identify work scope, schedules, milestones, and program team members that are developed from Marketing Program Handover sheets, P&L, Marketing handover meetings and executive Marketing summaries.
- Maintain superb communications between Panasonic and customers by regular follow up status reviews and correspondence.
- Assist Marketing in the pursuit of new business.
- Lead the program team by conducting regular team meetings, ensuring that action item logs are kept and integrated schedules are available.
- Arrange, attend and chair program team meetings, reviews, technical coordination meetings and design reviews as required.
- Ensure that certification and technical data requirements are defined and coordinated.
- Act as communications focal point to the airline customers, third party suppliers and/or OEM as required.
- Ensure smooth transition to in-service operation by coordinating throughout the program with the Product Support Group/CSE and MMS.
- Close coordination with Order Administration/Program Administrator to monitor and provide status on customer's equipment orders and deliveries and overall program status, with third party suppliers, aircraft OEMs and customers to meet overall program requirements. Identify all potential delivery delays and notification of Program Managers/Regional Directors on critical delays.
- Identify Fit Check, test parts and tester requirement in support of program requirements.
- Work with Engineering for drawing support, drawing change requirements and respond to those change impacted to parts and schedules.
- Update and maintain program parts list, Airbus evolution sheets, schedules and program plans to program requirements.
- Communicate and coordinate spares certification and shipment on assigned programs as needed.
- Identify purchasing requisitions as needed for spares certification or as requested.
- Identify the program requirement for procurement and shipping of test/fit check, testers to third party suppliers as required.
- Identify/Generate PGA to secure parts before customers purchase orders have been received to protect lead times.
- Maintain program costs and scope of work and issue change requests for all out of scope work. Provide Marketing costs for out of scope to be presented to the customer. Identify costs are controlled and reported to management.
- Support Regional Director as required.
- Ensure consistent and proper business processes are followed in accordance with departmental procedures and company policy.
- Ability to prioritize daily workload in support of program needs.
- Assist members of functional organizations by providing direction of program activities and issues resolution(s).
- Ensure excellent communications between Panasonic internal and external customer are maintained within Panasonic standards.
- Monitor program schedules commitments and direct appropriate personnel of possible impacts(s) or change(s).
- Coordinate third party suppliers to complete program requirements.
- Internal contacts on a almost daily basis includes Marketing, Sales Administration, Program Administration, Program Managers, System Installation Engineering, Advanced Systems Development Engineering, Structures, Engineering, Avionics Department in
- Osaka and Product Support Group to establish and monitor Program Plans. External contacts are at all organizational levels, often at the mid to upper management level and include airline purchasing, Engineering, Flight Operations, and Maintenance groups as well as third party suppliers, seat suppliers, galley manufactures. Daily contacts to coordinate requirements, exchange status, resolve issues or problems and negotiate changes as well as frequent face to face meetings for technical coordination, program review and business management are required.
- 4-year University degree in a technical field or an additional 4 years' related experience in engineering, software development, software development, project engineering, systems engineering or project management may be substituted in lieu of degree. (11 years' total) MBA highly desired.
- Minimum 7 years related work experience in technical program or project management, 4 of which must have been in a leadership capacity.
- Aerospace and/or IFE industry highly desired.
- Advanced Microsoft Project experience preferred.
- Demonstrated superb organization and planning ability to handle large complex accounts.
- Demonstrated excellent ability to articulate and resolve all delegated problems with minimal help from management. Have ability to work out difficult situations/problems with customer to ensure win-win for customer and Panasonic.
- Strong team building and leadership skills required.
- Close coordination with functional departments, third party suppliers and customers.
- May directly supervise Program Administrator. When this is the case, Program Manager is responsible for monitoring performance, training, work assignments, guidance relative to problem solving and recommendations relative to advancement and performance appraisals.
- Program Manager will be responsible for management of the overall cross-functional program teams.
- Will also provide the functional managers advice on the performance of team members on training needed, assistance by providing guidance in problem solving, and directs activities relative to performance of tasks in support of the assigned program requirements.
- Must be highly presentable and be able to interact with multiple levels in the organization and with customer organizations on a Business and social level.
- Knowledge of computer and use of software packages (Windows operating system, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) required.
- Microsoft Project Advanced experience highly desired.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and must be highly presentable and be able to interact with multiple levels in the organization and customers.
- Needs to work well with people under pressure including people from adverse cultural and political backgrounds.
- Must be outgoing, self motivated, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Be a creative problem solver and able to resolve conflicts and filter conflicting agendas to determine path forward.
- Ability for up to 30-40%% travel domestic and internationally required
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.