Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Manages large airline customer accounts with significant complexity/integration activities, demanding delivery timelines, and complex hardware and software. Requires an experienced and confident leader who demonstrates the capability to prepare and deliver effective presentations, to analyze and interpret customer requirements, to plan and monitor effectively, and be a champion for customer satisfaction while managing program performance to meet the needs of the company.
• Maintain compliance with departmental operating procedures.
• Develop and maintain program plans that identify work scope, schedules, milestones, and program team members using information from Marketing Program Handover sheets, P&L, Marketing handover meetings and executive Marketing summaries. Assist members of functional organizations by providing direction of program activities, prioritizations, and issues resolutions.
• Maintain superb communications between Panasonic and customers by regular follow up of status reviews and correspondence.
• Assist Marketing in the pursuit of new business.
• Lead the program team by conducting regular team meetings, ensuring that action item logs are tracked, and integrated schedules are available.
• Arrange, attend, and chair program team meetings, reviews, technical coordination meetings and design reviews as required.
• Ensure that certification and technical data requirements are defined and coordinated.
• Act as communications focal point to the airline customers, third party suppliers and/or OEM as required.
• Ensure smooth transition to in-service operation by coordinating throughout the program with the Product Support Group/Customer Support Engineering and Multi Media Services.
• Close coordination with Order Administrator/Program Administrator to monitor and provide status on customer’s equipment orders and deliveries and overall program status, with Panasonic manufacturing, SW development, third party suppliers, aircraft OEMs and customers to meet overall program requirements. Identify all potential delivery delays and notify Regional Managers/Regional Directors of critical delays and recovery plans.
• Work with Engineering for drawing support, drawing change requirements, customer input/approval, and assess the impacts those changes may have to the program work scope while being mindful of how the changes may affect parts and schedules.
• Update and maintain program parts list, OEM documentation (ex: Boeing Supplier Data Requirements List and Airbus evolution sheets), schedules and program plans to program work scope.
• Communicate and coordinate spares certification and shipment on assigned programs as needed. Identify purchasing requisitions as needed for spares certification or as requested.
• Identify the program requirement for procurement and shipping of test/fit check parts, testers to third party suppliers as required.
• Identify/generate Program Go-Ahead (PGA) to secure parts before customers’ purchase orders have been received to protect lead times and reduce risk to the program schedule.
• Maintain program costs and scope of work per Program Plan. Issue change requests for all out-of-scope work. Provide Marketing costs for out-of-scope work to be presented to the customer for Go-Ahead. Ensure costs are controlled and reported to management.
• Support Regional Director as required.
• Ensure consistent and proper business processes are followed in accordance with departmental procedures and company policy.
• Ability to prioritize daily workload in support of program needs.
• Assist members of functional organizations by providing direction of program activities and resolution of issues.
• Ensure excellent communications between internal and external customers are align with Panasonic standards (clear and concise communication of actions, assignees, due dates, status, etc.).
• Monitor program schedule commitments and direct appropriate personnel of possible impacts(s) or change(s).
• Coordinate third party suppliers to complete program requirements on schedule.
• Work with the following internal contacts (but not limited to): Marketing, Sales Administration, Program Administration, Order Administration, Project Managers, Software Delivery Teams, Media Program Managers, Field Engineering, System Installation Engineering, Advanced Systems Development Engineering, Structures, Engineering, Avionics Department (in Osaka) and Product Support Group to establish and monitor Program Plans.
• External contacts are at all organizational levels, often at the mid-to-upper management level and include airline purchasing, Engineering, Flight Operations, and Maintenance groups as well as third party suppliers, seat suppliers, galley manufactures. Daily contacts to coordinate requirements, exchange status, resolve issues or problems, and negotiate changes as well as frequent face-to-face meetings for technical coordination, program review and business management are required.
What we're looking for:
• 4-year University degree in a technical field or an additional 4 years’ related experience in engineering, software development, software development, project engineering, systems engineering or project management may be substituted in lieu of degree. (11 years’ total)
• MBA highly desired.
• Minimum 7 years related work experience in technical program or project management, 4 of which must have been in a leadership capacity.
• Aerospace and/or IFE industry highly desired.
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Project highly desired.
• Ability for domestic and international travel as required
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.