Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Call-to-Action Items: Apply NOW!, Next Steps, Sign-up for Talent Community, Referral Request, Connect with PAC via Social Media
Program Manager II engages in airline accounts with complex integration activities. Involves some engineering product development and installation design coordination requiring interaction with functional departments, i.e. Engineering, Logistics, Product Support, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Osaka and Regional Offices. Support OTD, Technical Data requirements, Fit Check, and Test parts. Ensures that customer requirements are adequately defined, uniformly understood and appropriately planned to achieve the successful execution of the program. Performs as program focal for the total program success. May perform as subject matter expert on Program Management processes, including development of documentation, training and mentoring on processes and cross functional status reporting on process utilization/execution. Supports Regional Director as required.
Management of Integration Activities
- Identify Fit Check, test parts and tester requirement in support of program requirements.
- Maintain program costs, scope of work and issue change requests for all out of scope work. Provide Marketing costs for out of scope work to be presented to the customer.
- Update and maintain program parts list, Airbus evolution sheets, schedules and program plans to program requirements.
- Identify purchasing requisitions as needed for spares certification or as requested.
- Identify the program requirement for procurement and shipping of test/fit check, testers to third party suppliers as required.
- Identify/Generate PGA to secure parts before customers purchase orders have been received to protect lead times.
- Ensure consistent and proper business processes are followed in accordance with departmental procedures and company policy.
- Monitor program schedules commitments and direct appropriate personnel of possible impacts(s) or change(s).
- Coordinate third party suppliers to complete program requirements.
Customer Requirements/Program Support
- Develop and maintain program plans that identify work scope, schedules, milestones, and program team members derived from Marketing Program Handover sheets, P&L, Marketing handover meetings and executive Marketing summaries.
- Act as communications focal point to the airline customers, third party suppliers and/or OEM as required.
- Ensure that certification and technical data requirements are defined and coordinated.
- Maintain superb communications between Panasonic and customers by regular follow-up status reviews and correspondence.
Interdepartmental Communication and Support
- Assist Marketing in the pursuit of new business.
- Coordinate closely with Order Administration/Program Administrator to monitor and provide a status on the customer’s equipment orders and deliveries, and the overall program status with third party suppliers, aircraft OEMs, and customers ensuring overall program requirements are met. Identify all potential delivery delays and notification of Program Managers/Regional Directors on critical delays.
- Work closely with Engineering for drawing support and drawing change requirements, responding to those changes impacting parts and schedules.
- Provide close coordination with functional departments, third party suppliers and customers.
- Ensure smooth transition to in-service operation by coordinating throughout the program with the Product Support Group/CSE and MMS.
- Communicate and coordinate spares certification and shipment on assigned programs as needed.
- Ensure superb communications between Panasonic internal and external customer are maintained within Panasonic standards.
- Lead the program team by conducting regular team meetings, ensuring that action item logs are kept and integrated schedules are available.
- Arrange, attend and chair program team meetings, reviews, technical coordination meetings and design reviews as required.
- Assist members of functional organizations by providing direction of program activities and issues resolution(s).
- May directly supervise Program Administrator involving the added responsibility of monitoring performance, training, overseeing work assignments, providing guidance in problem solving, and conducting advancement and performance appraisals.
- Responsible for management of the overall cross-functional program teams. Also provides functional managers advice on the performance of team members, on training needed, provides guidance in problem solving, and directs activities relative to performance of tasks in support of the assigned program requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations, analyze and interpret customer requirements, plan and monitor effectively, and function as a champion for customer satisfaction while managing program performance to meet the needs of the company.
- Proficient in the use of MS office suite of software applications. (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VISIO, Project).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple programs and issues.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work through issues with a team without escalation. Ability to thoroughly articulate his/her position(s) concerning problems and/or solutions on his/her own accord with minimum assistance from upper management.
- Ability to prioritize daily workload in support of program needs.
- Practiced team building and leadership skills.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills combined with the ability to effectively interact with customers and a diverse range of internal organizations.
- Ability to work well with people under pressure including people from diverse cultural and political backgrounds.
- Outgoing, self motivated, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to resolve conflicts and filter conflicting agendas to determine best path forward a resolution.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- 4-year University degree in a technical field or an additional 4 years’ related experience in engineering, software development, software development, project engineering, systems engineering or project management may be substituted in lieu of degree. (9 years’ total)
- Minimum 5 years related work experience in technical program or project management, 2 of which must have been in a leadership capacity.
- Aerospace and/or IFE industry highly desired.
- Ability for up to 20-30% travel domestic and internationally as required.
*** Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.