Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
This position is to support Program Managers in the execution of their assigned Programs. This includes interaction with functional departments; Engineering, Logistics, Product Support, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Osaka and Regional Offices. Support OTD, Technical Data requirements, Fit Check, and Test parts. Acts as back up for Program Manager and supports Regional Director as required.
- Coordinate with Order Administration to monitor and provide status on customer’s equipment orders and deliveries and overall program status, with third party suppliers, aircraft OEMs and customers to meet overall program requirements. Identify all potential delivery delays and notification of Program Managers/Regional Directors on critical delays.
- Maintain Program Action Item Log (Internal/External) and responsible for team meeting minutes and distribution as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Coordinate Fit Check, test parts and tester requirement in support of program requirements.
- Work with Engineering for drawing support, drawing change requirements and respond to those changes impacted to parts and schedules.
- Participate in all team meetings as required.
- Maintain program tables in Oracle using information from OEM schedules.
- Update and maintain program parts list, Airbus evolution sheets, schedules and program plans as assigned by Program Manager.
- Assist Program Manager to coordinate spares certification and shipment on assigned programs as needed.
- Create purchasing requisitions as needed for spares certification or as requested.
- Generate internal transfers to ship forms to move equipment when required.
- Oversee and coordinate procurement and shipping of test/fit check, testers to third party suppliers as required.
- Assist Program Manager on the PGA requirements to secure parts before customers purchase orders have been received to protect lead times.
- Generate Internal Work requests for equipment requiring repair to the repair ships as required.
- Knowledge of computer and use of software packages (Windows operating system, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) required.
- Microsoft Project Basic experience highly desired.
- Strong team building and leadership skills required
- Close coordination with Order Management and functional departments.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and must be highly presentable and be able to interact with multiple levels in the organization and customers.
- Needs to work well with people under pressure including people from adverse cultural and political backgrounds.
- Must be outgoing, self motivated, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Be a creative problem solver and able to resolve conflicts and filter conflicting agendas to determine path forward.
- AS Highly Desired or equivalent 2 year work experience in engineering, software development, project engineering, system engineering or project management.
- 2 Year work experience in aircraft industry highly desired.
- Ability for up to 10% travel domestic and internationally required.
*** Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.