Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
This individual analyzes program data and operations. Program Operations Analysts partner with PMs to oversee the internal aspect of program deliveries. This individual works multiple airline customer initiatives including planning, task allocation, demand management, and prioritization in line with the customers’ expectations and business needs. They also manage operational requirements of the programs and financial outcomes by initiating reporting and reviewing for issues to mitigate risk. This includes analysis of multiple data sets and tools to determine actions and execute solutions. Program Operations Analysts lead and attend multiple internal and external weekly meetings.
- Manage Demand Planning through CPL accuracy by ensuring that the PMO teams comply with establish protocols. Analyze, revise and manage the part list creation process as required by changing OEM/customer requirements.
- Analyze demand date changes based on knowledge of PMO program priorities, supply chain capabilities and any contractual rules that may apply
- Coordinates with internal groups on a daily basis to ensure that timelines are maintained, and actions closed.
- Independent judgment needed to determine priorities and methodology to support customer’s delivery needs.
- Manage requesting and tracking of purchase orders with multiple airlines customers and internal and external contacts. Independent judgement needed when analyzing PO request timelines, external follow ups and escalations and communicate the changes/updates.
- Analyze impacts and work with Material Planning to manage expedite requests and make decisions to move demand dates based on their response and the affect the decision will have on other program demand.
- In charge of scheduling in order to meet on-time-delivery. This process requires knowledge of FAA and PMA in order to schedule accurately. This effort may also require coordination with certification department.
- Independent thinking required to analyze sales and forecast information by reviewing forecast dates and program financial risk. Communicate recommendations for financial/date movement to program manager and Senior Regional Management. Manage and report risk and or date movement to Senior and Regional management. Manage date adjustments as required to support new schedule.
Status charts and reports
- Develops and maintains analytic reporting based on specific business requirements for Senior and Regional Management and provides analysis and recommendations to improve aging trends, and process improvements in order to exceed customer satisfaction.
- Uses discretion and independent thinking in order to determine steps to improve or resolve late orders, deliverables and forecasting accuracy.
- Creates and runs statistical analysis in order to track and manage all phases of program deliverables while proceeding with actions after considering impacts and determining if escalation is needed.
- Required to manage and communicate with world-wide sales and marketing teams to ensure holds are released and customer on-time delivery is met.
- Required to update work instruction and quick reference guides related to processes associated with department.
- Analysis of complex reporting to determine status of supply, deliveries, and readiness to ship. Determine plan of action after considering impact to customer and on-time delivery and the communicate to program teams and customer.
- Lead cross functional meetings.
- Required to lead monthly meetings reviewing all programs to ensure programs scope of work is met. This requires reviewing multiple reports and tools to assess status whereby actions will be determined and assigned to all team members. Determine if escalation is needed.
- Support program managers in internal aspects for operational efficiencies as PAs oversee the internal delivery schedules.
- May work and support other internal departments in place of program manager when unavailable.
What we’re looking for:
- Proficient in the use of MS office suite of software applications.
- Moderate to advance excel experience preferred.
- Oracle experience highly desired.
- Responsible, professional and organized individual with the ability to work unsupervised and is adept at problem solving.
- Exercises good judgement skills in evaluating criteria for obtaining results and solutions to move projects forward.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and must be professional and be able to interact with multiple levels in the organization and customers.
- Needs to work well with people under pressure including people from varied cultural and political backgrounds.
- Must be outgoing, self-motivated and detailed oriented.
- Creative problem solver and able to resolve conflicts and filter conflicting agendas to determine the best path forward.
- Must be able to filter conflicting agendas to determine a path forward.
- Ability to chair team meetings and drive results.
- Ability to prioritize daily workload in support of program needs.
- Ability to collaborate, research, and strategically plan.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic environment.
- Associates degree, program/project management, business management highly desired or 2 years relevant work experience in business management, program/project management or office/operations management.
- 2 years’ work experience in aircraft industry highly desired.
- Ability for up to 5% travel required.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.