Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
The Production Training manager is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization's Production employees through managing the training and employee development policies, processes and systems. Working with supervisors and managers to determine needs, recommend the best training methods to enhance employee productivity through requisite knowledge, skills and abilities. This position works with and through others, as well as independently, to actively searches, creatively design and implement effective methods to educate, enhance performance and solidify progressive employee development.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Establishes policies and processes to enable performance through learning programs
- Prepares subject matter experts (SME) to deliver and track technical training
- Develops and facilitates technical training programs
- Proposes and delivers training and development programs and objectives
- Analyzes learning delivery methods to recommend best approach(es) for each situation, including make/buy decisions
- Develops and monitors spending against the departmental budgets
- Obtains and/or develops effective training materials working with production staff and managers
- Extensive collaboration and communication with all levels in Production to enhance and build high performance teams
- Trains and coaches production trainers, managers, supervisors and others involved in employee training and development efforts
- Develops, tracks and reports training metrics
- Conducts follow-up studies of completed training to evaluate, measure effectiveness and modify for continuous improvement
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of Production, Production trainers, TA’s, Management, Organizational Learning & Development and the other functional training leaders in the organization
- Develops and maintains production operations training policies and processes that support ISO and other standards that support related certifications
- Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for employee development and training activities
- Responsible for all training records and compliance with all internal and external regulations and laws
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field with 7 years of progressive Production Training experience, including at least 2 years of leading an L&D function, including supervision of employees
- A combination of directly related experience and education can substitute for education on a 2 years’ experience per year of degree basis, although completion of a bachelor’s degree is preferable. Experience requirements are in addition to the degree requirements
Preferred Education and Experience
- Organizational development, facilitation, assessments and other training delivery certifications
- Experience leading Production Training programs in a manufacturing operations environment
- Successful track record of developing and delivering training programs, creating materials and utilizing a variety of training methods and tools
- Demonstrated process improvement in the training organization
- Competency development, skill builder profiles and establishment of career paths
- Knowledge of ISO training process requirements, CMMI or other maturity models and/or other methods to formalize consistent and repeatable training programs (Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential)
- Excellent training facilitation and presentation skills. Must be able to use presentation skills to effectively engage participants at all levels to promote professional development
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Ability to adapt to fast paced environment and work well under pressure
- Physical Requirements
- Mobility required to move throughout the Gigafactory utilizing stairs, carrying light loads
- Lift and move up to 25 lbs. for reasonable distances multiple times in a day
- Wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) to include hard hat, respirator/dust mask, safety glasses, safety shoes and other protective equipment as necessary
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.