Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Responsible for achieving and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Reviews production schedules and creates labor plans to meet the scheduled requirements.
- Produce a quality product in the Panasonic production process.
- Responsible for revising and/or establishing new work procedures.
- Must have experience in high volume shipping and receiving environment.
- Must have proven inventory control experience.
- Warehouse/Shipping/Receiving I.T. system experience preferred (SAP, MES, Oracle)
- VMI and Cross-dock experience a plus.
- Recommends continuous improvement activities to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities in related departments.
- Interprets company policies to workers and ensures that safety and ISM policies are followed.
- Consults with Manager and/or Human Resources to resolve employee relations problems for workers he/she supervises.
Directly supervises employees in the Panasonic production process.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High school diploma with Associates or Technical School degree and two to five years of supervisory experience working in a high speed, automated manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidates must be a good communicator and have excellent problem solving and people skills
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field is preferred.
- High volume manufacturing experience strongly desired. Electric component, chemical manufacturing, medical/ pharmaceutical manufacturing experience a plus.
- Experience with Lean and 5S systems extremely beneficial.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.