Plan, organize and direct manufacturing activities for specific areas of the plant to meet established plant objectives. Serve as a teacher, coach and advisor to facilitate teamwork and continued employee development.
• Direct the activities of production employees to meet established production schedules on time and within budget. Has full responsibility / accountability to meet daily production demand.
• Maintain focus on meeting plant objectives in safety, quality, productivity, delivery and cost.
• Plan daily and weekly work assignments with complete and clear work instructions for all direct and indirect labor reports.
• Facilitate and actively participate in the development and training of hourly employees.
• Drive major change initiatives, such as employee involvement programs.
• Submit reports accurately and on-time as required
• Take corrective action and remedy substandard performance deviations from policies, procedures and processes occurring within the department.
• Use system information to identify and correct root causes of poor productivity, efficiency, utilization and schedule attainment of department goals.
• Demonstrate a professional level of leadership performance in supervising departmental employees.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, to including ability to deliver effective presentations. Must also display a high level of attention to the perspectives, needs, and concerns of others.
• Must have demonstrable knowledge of key manufacturing principles and processes.
• Lean training
• Leadership Skills training