- Directly supervises employees in the Electrode production department
- Creating precise end of shift reports, root cause analysis documents, and headcount reports
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems
- Produce a quality product in the Electrode production process
- Responsible for revising and/or establishing new work procedures
- Recommends continuous improvement activities to improve quality and reduce cost
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities in related departments
- Interprets company policies to workers and ensures that safety and ISM policies are followed
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High School Diploma, GED (General Education Development) or equivalent required
- Preferred: Technical School degree and two to five years of supervisory experience working in a high speed, automated manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma and 5s systems particularly beneficial
- Candidates must have the ability to operate and troubleshoot mechanical production equipment
- Monitor and ensure all safety guidelines are followed
- Must be a good communicator and have excellent problem solving and people skills
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- High volume manufacturing and battery experience strongly desired
- Electric component, chemical manufacturing, medical/ pharmaceutical manufacturing experience a plus
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 25%
- Walk: 25%
- Stand: 25%
- Lift: 25%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Continuous
- Office Equipment: Continuous
- Phone Continuous
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 20 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 35 lbs.: Continuous
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Continuous
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.