Production Supervisor (Cathode Mixing- B Shift)
The Production Supervisor oversees the daily planning of the manufacturing and/or production activities of a specific area, including assembly, machinery, processing and/or packaging. The Supervisor ensures the effective use of materials, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products at minimum costs. Sets production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, materials supply, staffing resources and volume required to meet demand and to ensure maximum production quantity and quality. Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion, coordinates work activities with other supervisors. Receives guidance and oversight from a manager.
- Directly supervises employees in the Panasonic production process
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Responsible for achieving and monitoring all Key Performance Indicators (Safety, Financial, Production, Quality, Manpower)
- Creating precise end of shift reports, root cause analysis documents, and headcount reports
- Monitor and ensure all safety guidelines are followed
- Investigate all safety incidents, find root causes, and initiate permanent corrective actions
- Perform 5-WHY, 8-D, fishbone, 4M analysis
- Produce a quality product in the Panasonic production process
- Monitor defect trends and assign corrective actions to the respective support teams
- Monitor material loss trends and assign corrective actions to the respective support teams
- Monitor expense trends and apply strict control over consumables such as supplies and tools
- Real-time monitoring and managing machine downtimes, escalations, and recoveries
- Directs work with other supervisors to coordinate activities in cross functional departments
- Troubleshooting and escalating mechanical failures to appropriate support teams
- Leading Kaizen events to improve machine/production conditions
- Participate and support all Battery Engineering projects
- Participate and support all Production Engineering projects
- Participate and support all Quality Control projects
- Reviews PSI/line performance and schedules daily asset care
- Responsible for revising and/or establishing new work procedures (SOP)
- Manage high volume shipping and receiving areas
- Responsible for managing inventory control of all process materials
- Control consumption utilizing FIFO methodologies
- Manage logistics processes such as shipping and receiving storage
- Understand integrated systems such as (SAP, MES, Oracle)
- Recommends continuous improvement activities to improve quality and reduce cost
- Interprets company policies to workers and ensures that safety and ISM policies are followed
- Consults with Manager and/or Human Resources to resolve employee relations problems for workers he/she supervises
- Provide regular performance feedback for their employees
- Complete semi-annual reviews
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: High School Diploma, GED (General Education Development) or equivalent required
- Preferred: Technical School degree and 2 to 5 years of supervisory experience working in a high speed, automated manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High volume manufacturing experience strongly desired
- Electric component, chemical manufacturing, medical/ pharmaceutical manufacturing experience a plus
- Experience with Lean and 5S systems extremely beneficial
- Candidates must be a good communicator and have excellent problem solving and people skills
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.