Hussmann is looking for the right person who has the skills to plan, organize and direct manufacturing activities for specific areas of the plant to meet established plant objectives. Provide manufacturing process and team support. Offer direction, recommendations and effort in specific manufacturing areas. Maintain focus on meeting business unit objectives in safety, quality, cost, delivery and moral. Serve as a teacher, coach and advisor to facilitate teamwork and continued employee development.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitate and drive employee engagement activities. Encourage and support employee suggestions and recommendations relating to the continuous improvement of the work environment & processes and the elimination of waste.
• Execute all processes and procedures within the manufacturing areas assigned to ensure continuous improvement activities.
• Lead and develop teams in each area.
• Coordinate and monitor training and development programs to ensure operator effectiveness, skill enhancement and flexibility within the workgroup and the plant. Ensure certification processes are followed and maintained.
• Assume responsibility for all administrative facets of the area assigned, including personnel (discipline, attendance, etc.) and operations (operations reporting). Assist in the development of policies and procedures.
- Effectively be able to communicate with all levels of the organization to keep everyone abreast of the state of the business, resolve problems, and achieve business goals.
• Participate in the hiring process for hourly and professional positions. Develop new leaders in plant hourly positions, such as operations technicians and engineering technicians.
- Operate business within all safety/environmental federal, state, and local regulations as well as all company policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor’s degree required and two years’ experience in feeder and assembly departments.
- Demonstrable knowledge of key manufacturing principles and processes.
• Ability to work independently with good planning and judgment.
• Must display strong and effective leadership skills in team building, goal setting & achievement, communication, strategies, and change management.
• Must possess knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Kanban, Kaizen, system implementation, Safety policies & practices and Focus Factory operations.
• Must be proficient in the use of various computer programs including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.