The Senior Production Manager manages and/or assists with managing various production teams and activities in the Electrode Department; this includes, but it is not limited to production planning, directing and monitoring the production group to meet safety and quality standards, established specifications, schedules and volume/cost/loss targets. The Sr. Manager will be liaising with various support groups such as Engineering, Supply Chain Management (i.e., Planning), Procurement, among others; these joint efforts will be focused on developing production schedules, managing change and allocating labor/capital resources. This individual must be able to drive Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) across the production operations and ensure all projects are delivered in a safe manner, at the highest quality standards, while maintaining budgetary guidelines and strict deadlines.
- Provide effective team leadership during times of change and production ramp up.
- Responsible for production activities in a manufacturing environment with the goal to develop and implement system-level/strategic solutions to optimize efficiency and resource utilization, increase safety levels, minimize costs and maintain high quality standards
- Coordinate team activities to optimize cost performance through capital investment programs, optimizing operating working capital usage and minimizing waste through the development of a continuous-improvement culture that includes Lean Six Sigma methodology, GMP, 5S and Kaizen principles
- Build a strong production management team, providing a balanced focus between strategic, tactical and operational activities through exceptional servant leadership; while providing a clear vision and inspiring staff to achieve excellence
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate the ability to influence others to accept practices and approaches
- Proactively work with Production, Engineering, Maintenance, Facilities, EHS, QC, etc. in the incorporating of best practices into the manufacturing environment
- Must be able to effectively drive Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) across the operation, ensuring all projects are delivered with the highest quality standards, while maintaining time and budget guidelines
- Communicate to stakeholders the impact of technological changes and potential effects on supply, and provide recommendations and solutions without compromising quality or service
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on manufacturing activities
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent required
- Preferred: Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Science (MS)
- Demonstrated expertise in servant leadership approach to managing teams
- Proven, hands-on experience in Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Managed large teams of over 500+ employees
- Must have an acute ability to think strategically, while providing guidance to teams operating at more tactical levels
- Prior experience as a Plant, Operations or Manufacturing Manager
- 7+ years of progressive manufacturing/operations experience in a manufacturing environment, including at least 3 years in a management level role
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Proven experience in a large-scale, high speed/high volume manufacturing environment, automotive preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Certification a strong plus
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Lean Six Sigma implementation experience
- Excellent relationship management and customer service skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines and goals
- Resilient, self-motivated, and able to work well under pressure
- Must posses an appreciation of, and the ability to positively resolve issues arising from working with individuals from different cultures
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) preferred
- Six Sigma Certification – Green Belt preferred; Black Belt ideal
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 25%
- Walk: 25%
- Stand: 25%
- Lift: 25%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Continuous
- Office Equipment: Continuous
- Phone Continuous
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 20 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 35 lbs.: Continuous
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Continuous
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.