The Production Planner coordinates and expedites the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to daily and weekly production schedules. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; inventory levels and solving production problems.
- Ensure daily production requirements are achieved to meet customer expectation
- Analyze and prepare documents needed for production.
- Data analysis and decision making to support raw material supply and finished goods demand.
- Creates production schedule and prioritizes job-orders for production optimization.
- Maintains the production schedule and other reports as required.
- Follow-up as required with all teams to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet production schedule and customer expectation.
- Complete status reports for production progress, work in process, and raw material inventory.
- Interacts with production management on a daily basis to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies or additional information as requested from Manufacturing, Customer Service and Accounting.
- May be asked to perform other duties at a lower level or higher level of proficiency.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: College Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Understanding of ERP system and Microsoft Office products; strong computer skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Good customer service/phone skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
- Demonstrate personal time management skills.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- One to three years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- One to three years of ERP system experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Access,
Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction. Panasonic Energy of North America does not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.