For more information on what's happening locally at Panasonic, visit and like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PanasonicSolar/
Panasonic Corporation is working to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) modules and cells for solar panels at Tesla’s factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role is to manufacture and supply our SHJ (Silicon Heterojunction) PV cells and modules that feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics, which result in more power than similarly rated solar panels.
This collaboration makes optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation.
As a valued partner and strong customer of Panasonic, Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment for products manufactured at the Riverbend factory, in Buffalo, New York.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration and grow with it as operations continue to expand.
The most successful employees at Panasonic Solar North America (PSNA) are results driven and able to continuously adapt to an ever-changing startup environment. They report to work on time and never settle for anything less than the best. They work well in a team environment but also have the drive to succeed when they are on their own. A strong focus on fairness and honesty with a humble attitude are what defines our top performers. Is that you?
Currently, PSNA has an immediate opening for Production Operators.
As a Production Operator you will be responsible for producing solar cells and/or modules.
Solar Modules are made in a traditional, assembly-line environment using hand tools and assembly. There are several processes on the line that you will be exposed to, including material handling, packaging, soldering, assembly, inspection and testing.
Solar Cells are made in an automated, technical process, produced in a clean-room environment through a chemical printing process.
Job Duties- What You’ll Get to Do:
- Operate the manufacturing equipment (including lifting and transporting material)
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Compliance with all Safety, Environmental and Operating Standards
- Report troubleshooting issues to Supervisor
- Generate Production reports
- Acquire quality data
- Perform routine inspection of facilities and report abnormalities to Shift Leader
- Communicate with previous shift, relief, supervision and other operators to exchange information on process conditions and other pertinent issues
- Inform supervision of any unusual changes in process conditions, mechanical or electrical failures or malfunctions, unsafe conditions, etc.
- Responsible for checking equipment to make sure it is working properly, clean out equipment periodically and prepare equipment for product change
- Proven multi-tasking skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to operate a fork truck
- Display a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Participate in process improvements
Job Qualification- What You’ll Bring:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- Previous experience in a production environment, preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Problem solving, innovation, collaboration, etc.
- Flexibility and Multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to collaborate and form teams
- Ability to work with domestic and international teams
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Noise level is usually moderate
CLEAN-ROOM ENVIRONMENT (Cell Production Only):
Candidates must be willing to work in a clean-room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
No cosmetics shall be worn in the clean-rooms. This includes: lipstick, eye shadow, eyebrow pencil, mascara, eye liner, false eye lashes, fingernail polish, hairspray, mousse, or the heavy use of aerosols, after shaves and perfumes.
This position will require exposure to strong magnets that will interfere with pacemaker/defibrillator function. For safety reasons, candidates with a pacemaker/defibrillator cannot be considered for this position.
Both sides of Production operate on a 4 days on / 4 days off schedule. There are two 12-hour shifts, 7AM-7PM (1st shift) and 7PM-7AM (3rd shift). Shift preference will be noted.
- 3rd Shift positions are more readily available
- A night shift differential is offered for the 3rd shift
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Family-like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Solar North America (PSNA).