Production General Manager
- Lead functional teams to meet manufacturing KPI’s.
- Empower, develop, and reward individuals and teams for performance and growth.
- Ensure that company resources are utilized to sustain safe manufacturing and distribution excellence.
- Manage ongoing improvements in production efficiency, implementing Lean principles, and demonstrated proficiency in implementation.
- Establish and maintain an effective preventive maintenance program with minimum downtime.
- Utilize analysis of operational metrics to drive product quality and corrective/preventive action programs.
- Coordinate and interact with internal and external cross-functional agencies to fulfill Customer and Company goals.
- Walking, climbing stairs, lifting, pushing, pulling, sitting, writing, typing, crouching, kneeling, and standing. Minimum lifting of 50 pounds. Must wear a Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Safety Vest, Steel Toe or Composite Toe Shoes or Boots.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: BS in Engineering or Business
- Demonstrated expertise in servant leadership approach to managing teams
- Proven, hands-on experience in Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Managed large teams of over 500+ employees
- Must have an acute ability to think strategically, while providing guidance to teams operating at more tactical levels
- Prior experience as a Plant, Operations or Manufacturing Manager
- 7+ years of progressive manufacturing/operations experience in a manufacturing environment, including at least 3 years in a management level role
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Proven experience in a large-scale, high speed/high volume manufacturing environment, automotive preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Certification a strong plus
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Lean Six Sigma implementation experience
- Excellent relationship management and customer service skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines and goals
- Resilient, self-motivated, and able to work well under pressure
- Must possess an appreciation of, and the ability to positively resolve issues arising from working with individuals from different cultures
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) preferred
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.