Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Supporting the Formation/Material Handling Team Manager in coordinating the work of team members.
- Managing and controlling the team’s budget, headcount, expenses delegated by the Manager, tracking actual cost vs budgeted cost, forecasting anticipated costs, having members create weekly or monthly cost reports for checking, and hiring for open position.
- Supporting the creation of business plans for Production Engineering.
- Interfacing with contractors and vendors on work projects.
- Coordinating alliances with related departments so that members can work smoothly.
- Prioritizing improvement items and assigning members to proceed with each item. If needed to judge pending or non-execution by resources, explaining and discussing deeply with related departments.
- Managing and controlling assigned members’ activities and giving them advice and support.
- Developing and implementing engineering solutions to technical issues.
- Mentoring other employees.
- Providing leadership and teamwork for the engineering team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S. in an engineering or technical field from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience.
- Must be a strong team leader with excellent organizational and verbal skills.
- 5+ years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate level of engineering theory is required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to perform data analysis and recommend actions based on correct interpretation of the results.
- Experience supervising and leading a team of employees.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.