For more information on what's happening locally at Panasonic, visit and like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PanasonicSolar/
Panasonic Corporation is working to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) modules and cells for solar panels at Tesla’s factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role is to manufacture and supply our SHJ (Silicon Heterojunction) PV cells and modules that feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics, which result in more power than similarly rated solar panels.
This collaboration makes optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation.
As a valued partner and strong customer of Panasonic, Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment for products manufactured at the Riverbend factory.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration and grow with it as operations continue to expand.
The most successful employees at PSNA are results driven and able to continuously adapt to an ever-changing startup environment. They report to work on time and never settle for anything less than the best. They work well in a team environment but also have the drive to succeed when they are on their own. A strong focus on fairness and honesty with a humble attitude are what defines our top performers. Is that you?
Currently, PSNA has an immediate opening available for a Production Coordinator.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Key tasks with respect to clerk work on Module Production Department
- Vacation application and tracking of department calendar
- Document management in an ISO or equivalent environment
- Support and oversee personnel during OBA - quality sorting events
- Perform general clerical duties to support production, including but not limited to;
- Data collection and reporting all findings
- Documentation of meeting minutes, as deemed necessary by the Production Manager
- Ordering, tracking and organization of operation, maintenance and office supplies
- Submitting invoices for ordered materials and coordinating invoice approvals with the accounting department
- Coordination of work clothing and uniforms
- Other tasks as required
- Comply with Environmental Policy, Quality Policy, Safety Policy or other policy, which are enforced by the Company
- Report to the Production Manager
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Able to make informed decisions and perform tasks with minimal guidance
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to;
- Creation, formatting and manipulation of Excel spreadsheets, along with knowledge of spreadsheet formula capability
- Ability to create presentations and communicate material to a diverse group
- Knowledge of Outlook emails and scheduling tools
- Proficient with creating and editing of word documents, along with knowledge of pdf files
- Strong communication skills with all levels of employees
- Ability to lift to 25 pounds, transporting work
- The noise level of working environment is usually moderate
- Day shift
What We Offer:
- Family-like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Solar North America (PSNA).