The Production Analyst analyzes moderately complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Additionally, the Analyst develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities. Collects data to identify root cause of problems. The individual is expected to learn processes rapidly in a high speed and high manufacturing setting while collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver against deadlines and goals.
• Utilize predictive analysis techniques to reduce variability in manufacturing process
• Understand business needs and develop methods and tools to find patterns in structured and unstructured manufacturing data
• Identify creative and strategic opportunities for improving performance and interface with cross-functional teams to execute the solution
• Provides data analysis support to production leadership to resolve complex manufacturing process issues
• Work closely with other team members from different processes to increase understanding of failure modes, performance, and life expectancy of critical parts
• Analyze daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly defect trends
• Create daily, weekly, and monthly production review presentations
• Provide data driven reports to support production limiters and corrective actions
• Work with data analysis team to create new strategic visual tools
• Create Daily downtime analysis reports
• Provide data for leadership as planned as well as ad hoc
• Ability to utilize simulation software to create production studies and demonstrate potential resolutions
• Manage departmental compliance data and prepare for internal and external audits
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
• To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
• Basic: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, or related fields • Preferred: None
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Working knowledge of machine learning algorithms, classification, clustering, regression analysis, probability theory, and information retrieval • Capable of combining practical knowledge and results via data mining to optimize product quality and performance and manufacturing process
• Proficiency in at least one programming language e.g. Java/C, Python, MATLAB
• Proficiency with statistical analysis tools (e.g. JMP, R, SAS)
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
• Experience with engineering, quality processes, and tools
• Work effectively and efficiently in a cross-discipline environment as well as independently
• Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
• Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) preferred
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
• Sit: 25% • Walk: 25%
• Stand: 25%
• Lift: 25% Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
• Keyboard/Computer: Continuous
• Office Equipment: Continuous
• Phone Continuous
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (133%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
• Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
• Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional • Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
• Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America
Production Analyst (PENA)