Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Call-to-Action Items: Apply NOW!, Next Steps, Sign-up for Talent Community, Referral Request, Connect with PAC via Social Media
Perform hardware/software functional and performance validation of deployed IFEC systems. Assigned to a specific Field Support region and/or Airline Customer, will perform as the primary Lake Forest engineering interface for in-service technical issue resolution (e.g. hardware, software, aircraft/installation issues).
Performance Monitoring Support
- Monitor trends and analyze data to identify systemic problems.
- Conduct preliminary investigation to support hardware/software/system issues and coordinate with internal engineering groups to ensure continued progress is made to issue resolution.
- Support the development of technical descriptions of BITE design at both the Unit and System level. .
- Support continual improvement and enhancement of our BITE/Maintenance and support-related products.
- Support various design/development activities relating to technical resolution proposals.
- Take ownership of in-service technical issues and liaise to ensure implementation of fixes and solutions.
- Provide regular and accurate feedback to the Field Support regions and management to ensure continued progress updates.
- Monitor and coordinate engineering solutions with BITE/Maintenance/OMT/edevelopment engineers.
- Ensure completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines, requirement and priority. Track milestones and timelines across projects, and resolve issues that have the potential to jeopardize performance and/or ability to meet agreed upon deliverables.
- Perform and oversee manual and automated analyses of all collected BITE data to improve System and Unit level BITE accuracy, coverage, and reliability.
- Review Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and Service Bulletins (SBs) for design improvements that impact deployed systems in assigned region.
- Investigate and troubleshoot IFEC systems and ground support equipment aiding in identifying the root cause. In some cases responsible for incorporating patch or “fix” directly into equipment.
- Coordinate IFEC information and inform global Panasonic support locations.
- Support OEM and customer system mock up racks.
Reporting and Documentation
- Contribute to specifications for maintenance GUI (Graphical User Interface), BITE processes, OMT BITE database , and other associated database and related tools and reports.
- Ability to clearly communicate through all levels of the organization, as well as external customers and Field/Repair Shop personnel through verbal and written communication.
- Highly organized individual with the ability to document findings/test results, track priorities, and co-ordinate resolution of engineering issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member and provide regular status reports of issue progress.
- Experienced in relaying findings in a detailed and organized manner to design/sustaining engineers and in working amicably and professionally with engineering individuals.
- Skilled in troubleshooting, investigating and resolving hardware/software/system technical issues.
- Proficient ability to quickly and efficiently conclude root-cause analysis of Tester and on-aircraft LRU software/hardware problems.
- Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time.
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- BS in EE engineering, physics, computer science or related degree.
- 5-8 years experience in sustaining, design, and/or product support engineering role required.
- 5 years airline engineering experience preferred.
- Background in networking, systems engineering and/or aviation related system support also preferred.
- Some travel to various sites (domestic and international) as required, up to 25%, to support in-field problems.
- Up-to-date passport and ability to travel within and outside of the U.S. on short notice.
***Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.