Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Call-to-Action Items: Apply NOW!, Next Steps, Sign-up for Talent Community, Referral Request, Connect with PAC via Social Media
To provide an in-service IFE System Fleet Performance Monitoring service from on-aircraft System Built-in Test Equipment (BITE) and related data. Assigned to a specific Field Support region and/or Airline Customer and will perform as the primary Lake Forest engineering interface for in-service technical issue resolution (e.g. hardware, software, aircraft/installation issues).
Performance Monitoring Support
- Directly monitor and gauge in-service system performance using Airline System defect and System BITE data as source.
- Monitor trends and analyze data to identify systemic problems.
- Conduct preliminary investigation to support hardware/software/system issues and coordinate with internal engineering groups, QA, and Osaka manufacturing division to ensure final resolution implementation.
- Identify and resolve system anomalies from defect and BITE data.
- Work closely with other team members to support feedback of system performance anomaly findings to Engineering in order to improve system testing/validation processes.
- Analyze BITE/engineering data to determine root-cause of on-aircraft performance issues.
- Troubleshoot system behavioral issues from BITE, Reboot, On-line Maintenance Tool (OMT), and Cabin Defect Log data.
- Track and resolve outstanding issues on a Regional/Airline basis.
- Take ownership of in-service technical issues and liaise with Field Engineers to investigate and resolve problems.
- Provide regular and accurate feedback to the Field Support regions to ensure continued progress updates.
Reporting and Documentation
- Project manage support tool design and implementation including working with training department to ensure smooth deployment to the field.
- Create on-line tools to automate System/LRU performance and problem/trend identification.
- Advanced level of experience with IFE System BITE and ARINC 628 BITE requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of IFE System BITE mechanisms, experience with web-based analysis applications such as the OMT, and relevant system Database development (DBMT), BITE Database development (FDMT), and general IFE system integration development.
- Ability to clearly communicate through all levels of the organization as well as external customers through verbal, written e-mail and fax correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineering and senior management teams to identify and resolve software/system issues identified via BITE/OMT analysis.
- Experienced in recognizing problems/trends via BITE and related data analysis.
- Advanced ability to provide analysis with limited data set, and to provide recommendations to improve data accuracy, availability, and capability.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- BS in EE engineering, physics, computer science or related degree/experience.
- 8 -12 years experience in sustaining, design, and/or product support engineering role required.
- Background in statistics and familiarity with databases such as Oracle/ZOPE also preferred.
- IFE or similar software/system development process experience preferred.
- Experience in avionics or In-Flight Entertainment systems installation/support and/or software/hardware testing would be an advantage.
- Some travel to various sites (domestic and international) as required, up to 25%, to support in-field problems.
- Up-to-date passport and ability to travel within and outside of the U.S. on short notice.
***Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.