Panasonic – Product Specialist
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Liaises with sales team to analyzes existing and potential Li-ion batteries markets and related battery powered product(s), especially for Industrial and healthcare products.
- Liaises with other departments in US office, Head Quarter in Japan and oversea factories closely and get necessary support(s) regarding prices, technical information and delivery schedules.
- Support various tasks (arrange the management meeting, prepare the report and PowerPoint slides, the documentation, maintain the database) relating to product management job.
- Analyzes the assigned markets (Industrial and healthcare applications) by using Marketing knowledge.
- Understands the market and the customer requirements.
- Attends trade shows, and research market data, and visualize customer and market needs for ESBD and PIDSA.
- Visualize the key points and make the promotion strategy.
- Assists in the development of overall marketing programs and strategies for assigned products (Liion battery cell and packs for Industrial and healthcare applications).
- Make market summary and distribute it to related department (sales personnel, field application engineers, operations) for sales promotions
- Assists the product management with the preparation of forecasts, sales and profit/status reports, budget and mid-term plans by maintaining close account relationships and satisfying customer’s technical or other requirements.
- Acts as an interface between oversea factories and current/potential customers to connect each requirement.
- Make analysis reports for Executive and related departments for discussion. Also make the strategy for sales promotions.
- Utilizes product specific Li-ion technical knowledge and assigned market information to support the sales process.
- Provides technical assistance and coordination to customer on product/customer specifications, pricing and applications.
- Since battery knowledge is very unique, the company will give chance to learn technical knowledge.
- Liaises with GMSD/ESBD Japan H.Q. closely to negotiate the important topics and make consensus, regarding prices, technical specs and delivery.
- Maintains clear communication and strong relationships with oversea factories (Japan, China and Mexico) with multi language skill and working experience in multicultural environments, to incorporate product/customer specifications and influence new product design.
- Coordinates new product introductions with factories and Sales Department.
- Assists product management to negotiate prices, terms and conditions with factories with sales personnel and customers.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- A four-year degree in a Technical or Marketing discipline is preferred.
- Three or more years of battery specific product experience is preferred.
- Working experience in overseas or in multicultural environment.
- Computer Skills – MS Office. Must be very proficient in Excel.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Negotiation and Project Management Skills and experience.
- Marketing knowledge: basic marketing knowledge is preferred.
- Strong written, negotiation and oral communication capabilities, including major presentations to high level internal/external contacts, are required.
- Japanese Fluency a plus but not required
- 10% travel (domestic) required.
- Some international travel required (in future)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.