Panasonic – Product Specialist
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Do you have an analytical or quantitative mindset? Are you passionate about product marketing? Do you love performing data analysis? If so, we are interested in you! Our Consumer Electronics business division is comprised of a dynamic and high performance global team of individuals who are determined to lead the industry with best in class products! Great entry level opportunity to learn product marketing from the ground up and provide valuable insights that drive business decisions.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This position will serve as a Product Specialist in the home entertainment category. A good awareness of overall category goals, marketing objectives and strategies are required to perform effective analysis and identify pain points for business’s growth opportunities. Including at high level, other important functions such as daily, weekly and monthly tracking report of various data points and analysis including NPD industry trends, competitive market analysis, and other marketing activities this position. Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint are required for this role.
- Collaborate with sales team closely to understand the sales forecast and accounts situation and support
- Analyze latest POS trend vs sales team forecast and create category sales forecast and purchase plan
- Prepare power point presentation to be reported in monthly meeting
Publish weekly dealer POS summary with analysis:
- Access to POS data system to generate weekly report
- Share the weekly report to related merchandising group including domain members
- Follow through with countermeasure analytics
Publish market data report:
- Run NPD data analysis and generate monthly report with key findings and make recommendation on promotion strategy
- Update weekly competitive market report.
- Communicate with Japan team on latest market conditions
Price monitoring report:
- Closely monitor online pricing on a daily basis
- Publish weekly report for price history in the market
RFA (Request for Approval) and Net Invoice price list update:
- Work with merchandising team members to submit RFA, follow through on approvals
- All RFAs and budgets require documentation and tracking and follow up to ensure completion and compliance.
- Keep track of approved RFAs, CORFs in a document
- Work with PMs to review monthly sell-thru and analyze balance from RFA, support true-up to maximize PL and optimum budget management
- Bi-weekly meeting with finance to keep budget tracker up to date
Event / Show support:
- Work with merchandising and marketing team members to identify supporting requirements and execute as each events require different level of involvements
- Work with merchandising team members to prepare for the meeting with product info and presentation. Travel and visit key accounts to present and discuss analytics and business recommendations
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in consumer electronics industry preferred, including relevant internship experience
- Quantitative mindset, with the ability to analyze and interpret data and trends
- Advanced MS Office skills, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Experience in product management, sales and/or marketing
- Receptiveness to feedback and a desire to improve, learn and grow
- Strong analytical ability & detail oriented
- Excellent Multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as needed’
- Problem solver – identify areas of improvement
- Agility - ability to move quickly and easily in response to change or challenge
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Communication with merchandising, sales and Japan business units
Ability to travel up to 10% (may include overnight & some international travel)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.