Product Marketing Manager II
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO IN THIS CRITICAL ROLE:
As a Product Marketing Manager II, you are responsible to analyze, plan, create, develop, and implement effective Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy and marketing plans to ensure success for all phases of a product/service/platform/solution lifecycle (e.g., launch, growth, sustaining, and phase out). Your focus will be on Marketplace, Loyalty and Panasonic Technical Services.
This role is not about just doing demos or presenting at trade shows (although this will be a part of your job responsibilities). Rather, this role is the glue that binds our product strategy together and drives success and achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in the strategy and organization of your assigned product launches. You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know your buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions, what titles they hold, what topics interest them and what key pain points you need to address. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with these buyer personas.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value propositions in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t. In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers, sales enablement, regional sales leads, innovation team members and key executives to articulate your recommendations and strategy. This requires a balancing act of strong diplomatic skills, collaboration, authentic communication and inclusion.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE:
Portfolio Management and Go-To-Market Strategy
- Manage portfolio offering of between $16-50Million
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria. Identify these buyer personas and formulate marketing plan, programs and campaigns for reaching target market.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Define and develop an integrated Go-To-Market plan and support launch through each stage of the product review board.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
Marketing Plans, Training and Communications (Strategize and Execution)
- Understand and document the buyer’s journey, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive strategies with sales and product management, based on what you learn.
- Strategize marketing plan, in conjunction with our digital/demand generation/sales enablement and greater marketing team, including key activities, programs and campaigns.
- Develop all content and work with creative team to design all collateral including brochures, digital content, blogs, website copy, email drip campaigns, microsite information (internal and external), trade show handouts, roadmaps, product slicks, PowerPoint presentations and advertisements.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Act as the primary thought leader, including speaking engagements, written works (white papers, blogs, articles…etc) and at industry events/panel discussions.
- Understand and support regional and global sales teams by leading sales enablement training on the problems we solve and the value propositions associated with your offering.
- Develop internal tools and collateral to support sales enablement including: external (customer facing) decks, demos, training videos, info flashes, product sheets, messaging documents, roadmaps, pricing strategy.
- Attend all of Panasonic’s trade events, panels, demos, innovation summits and customer meetings to articulate corporate narrative, solution based selling, and the value propositions of your specific offering.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Knowledge/ Skill Requirements
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power point
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Teams and Salesforce.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools.
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and collaboration skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and our partner ecosystem.
- A positive team player is a must!
- 4-year college degree required in marketing, communications or business
- MBA preferred
- 9-14 years relevant Marketing experience
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. to support trade show setups.
- Will require travel, up to 25% of the time to domestic and international locations.