The Product Manager for Hussmann’s Retail Service Technology team is a professional who lives in the intersection between Customer Experience, Business, and Technology. This position will serve as a product & service expert for Hussmann’s Retail Service Technology business unit, specifically the StoreConnect Predictive Analytics platform. The Product Manager must understand users and markets, be able to gather requirements from multiple sources and iterate to design products & services that deliver value across the entire retail value chain. This person will thrive in a cross-functional and collaborative environment focused on cutting edge retail services technology as well as effective data utilization to improve retail and service key performance indicators.
Role and Responsibilities
- Analyze market & industry trends to understand market conditions, competition, cross-industry expertise, and how to leverage an existing product base.
- Meet with Commercial Leaders in all areas of the business to understand needs, identify gaps and provide focus points on opportunities. Craft and create sales & marketing plans.
- Lead the Product Review Board process by outlining the prioritized matrix of product feature set to value delivery.
- Develop products by identifying key opportunities in the Commercial Refrigeration landscape as it relates to the retail services, contracting and distribution markets.
- Conduct market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, aligning on time and needs, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product and/or service introduction and developing and executing marketing strategies.
- Work with marketing and sales team to develop and lead ‘Go to Market’ strategy and execute the launch of the product in a holistic and consistent manner
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree. Concentration in business, marketing, or management is preferred, but other concentrations will be considered.
- 4+ years of product management, marketing, business development or relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of Hussmann’s products and/or food retail experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, BI
- Proven analytical skills to lead teams, define issues, collect data, draw valid conclusions, and present recommendations.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with the ability to understand customer needs and collaborate with internal and external team players to create solutions to meet client needs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively lead multiple activities with competing deadlines; ability to set and attain goals through others.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and detail orientation.
- Strong business and financial acumen including the ability to build business cases.