Panasonic – Product Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Panasonic North America is seeking a Product Manager for the Professional Video, Cinema & Broadcast Group within Panasonic System Solutions Company.
The candidate for this position has worked in Professional Video/Broadcast Systems industry and deeply understands Live Production Switching and Video processing along possesses knowledge of high capacity IP networks. Candidate will also be proficient in business development & product management.
The KARIOS Product Manager is responsible for proactively managing the new IP/IT platform’s technical application relationship with clients and to align technology, products and solutions with their business objectives. The Product Manager performs consultative, solutions-based design for clients and will be responsible for identifying opportunities, solving business challenges and implementing complex services and solutions. The Product Manager develops a long-term relationship with the client to ensure success and realize the full value of Panasonic’s products, services and solutions. The Product Manager is responsible for building the KAIROS system business both through increasing new sales and through attaching additional services and product to achieve an ongoing business relationship with customers making Panasonic a partner in clients technology growth. Candidates should strive to grow the business category and be ready to train new staff to offload specific responsibilities.
- Supports technology demonstrations using hands-on integration as well as product value propositions through verbal, written and visual communication. Works with Marketing & Product Management to create promotional collateral, print, videos and other sales tools targeting specific markets and applications.
- Manages pre-sales consultations, assisting RFP quote creation availability tracking of Panasonic and third-party items and coordination of consultation services attached to deployments through the sales process. Manage training for sales, resellers, integrators consultants and end user both through personal participation in training and in hiring/managing/scheduling consultants or coordinating internal engineering resources.
- Hands on with customers build relationships with integrators and industry thought leaders through proof of concept testing to build understanding of market applications; assess opportunities to improve the quantity and quality of client contact.
- Perform required technical research and due diligence on hardware and software solutions as they pertain to the client’s technology needs identifying and prioritizing needs for feature development and third-party onboarding coordinate testing with engineering.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Preferred B.S. Degree in the following areas: Computer Science, Broadcast or AV/IT Engineering, Information Systems, Pro Video Business, or similar
- Special education considerations will be made for individuals that can clearly exhibit industry expertise
- 5-8+ Years of experience in technical interface with reseller partners and end-users on hardware, software, and/or entanglement services
- Able to navigate informal structures making work related contacts and collaborate with internal resources to accomplish company goals.
- Strategic thinker who takes systematic approaches to solving problems to ensure customer satisfaction and achieving company goals and Basic Business Principles.
- Industry certifications is a must. i.e. Related IP course work from Cisco / AVIXA / SMPTE.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management, priority allocation and task management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively and professionally with all organizational levels and management, internally and externally, are required and essential to success in this position, and in PSCNA activities, in general.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Strong presentation skills to present test results to individuals and groups
- Capability in effective communication with internal departments (Factory, Technical Support, PMO, Sales, Product Teams, Spare Parts, Engineering, Order Processing, Accounting, etc)
- Able to lift up to 65 pounds.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively domestically and internationally, potentially over 70% of the time when required and possibly with short or immediate notice.
- Willingness to observe flexible work hours with some weekend travel when required for on-site testing and support for weekend sports & entertainment applications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Leadership skills to oversee, mentor and guide less experienced personnel
- Proficient in Microsoft Win10/Apple Mac OS
- Excellent knowledge of Live Production Switchers, Pan and Tilt Systems, IP Streaming, IP control, IP Networking and related applications.
- Passion for live production sports & entertainment field
- Ability to create product training documents that are simple to understand for anyone.
- Ability to write and make technical presentations to train others or groups on new products.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and responsible to plan, execute, and document work.
- Must be proactive and be able to take the lead on projects without daily supervision.
- Driven to learn new businesses and technologies
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.