Panasonic Connect - Product Manager
At Panasonic Connect, we connect the power of people and technology to change work, advance society and help connect to tomorrow. Empathy, results, relentlessness and teamwork are the foundations of the Panasonic Connect Culture. Our mission is to elevate the employee experience by empowering individuals to use their voice and have a positive impact on our business. As part of our team, you will push boundaries, take action, and face challenges alongside our customers to innovate experiences that define the changing world of work.
Watch this video to see how we connect talent to opportunity, work to tomorrow and solutions to purpose. Come join our journey!
Panasonic Connect has an immediate opening available for Product Manager for the strategic product category of A V Systems Software with specific responsibility for KAIROS Live Production Platform.
The Product Manager is the subject matter expert and manages all go-to-market activities and roadmap planning related to the product line to gain market share and profitability. A successful Product Manager must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently in a cross-functional environment and influence key stakeholders to drive sales and growth of the category.
This position is responsible for managing current product solutions, including relationships with third-party solution component providers, as well as leading future product development activities in collaboration with sales company and factory teams.
The Product Management role requires a passionate individual with strong work ethic, verbal and written communication skills and a high value on team collaboration to accomplish mutual goals and objectives.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Day to day activities include, but are not limited to, promotion planning, marketing communication, life-cycle management, SKU and price management, non-standard sales quote validation, inventory management, competitive analysis, product training and education, and sales partner support.
Market Analysis Customer Engagement:
- Responsible for planning activities to expand the category, which includes Voice of Customer collection and analysis, market research, competitive analysis, product and solution requirement documentation and business case development for strategic alignment with market demand and customer satisfaction.
New Business Development:
- Work with targeted customers, engineering, sales, and business development to identify, analyze, propose and test new product/ business opportunities that will accelerate Product Category growth and profitability across all vertical markets. This includes Panasonic products, as well as 3rd party accessories and solutions.
What You'll Bring:
- Working knowledge of SMPTE ST 2110 and SMPTE ST 2022-7 AV networking required.
- Working knowledge of production switchers and video control room technology strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with live video screen management a plus.
- Technical hardware software background with the ability to communicate with Product Engineering and Product Planning teams and translate complex concepts into product requirements and marketing terms.
- Proven experience in market analysis and providing product direction to factory R and D Engineering teams.
- Proven success in launching new product, market messaging and product life cycle management.
- Experience managing pricing and programs for channel, distribution and resellers, and direct customers
Education and Experience:
- College degree desired in Marketing, Business Development or Engineering.
- 5-7 years or equivalent experience in Product Management and or Product Marketing.
- Experience with professional video systems and technology.
- Experience with professional A V system applications.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills with passion for individual and team success
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional and team oriented environment
- Detail oriented, analytical, decisive with exceptional organizational prioritization and problem solving skills
- High level of proactive communication, written oral
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Build networks, collect and share wisdom through training experience
- Clear, concise method of communicating information to internal external customers
- Office location in Hoffman Estates, Illinois area desired.
- 30 percent travel including international
What We Offer:
- The salary range of $130,000-$145,000 is just one component of Panasonic Cannect's total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
- High Performance Culture
- A focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Rewards and Recognition
- Learning & Development Opportunities Across Multiple Business Units
- Competitive compensation packages
- Hybrid work model
- Comprehensive benefits
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Educational Assistance
- Volunteer time off
- Total Well Being Program
- Employee Referral Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.