The Product Manager is responsible for providing strategic product management and development for the Krack portfolio that includes unit coolers, condensers, condensing units, and industrial product solutions. Develop and execute strategies to deliver the long-range plan (LRP) revenue targets while addressing the needs of the market and customers. Lead the product development effort through cross functional teams utilizing Hussmann’s stage gate process delivering projects on-time and under budget. The product manager will be responsible for working with the Sr. Product Leader, marketing, and sales teams to position Krack products through advertising, marketing collateral, communications, presentations, technical bulletins, websites, and video development. Work with the market research team to develop surveys and gather market intelligence through industry reports and attending trade shows to gather voice of the customer (VOC) information to make data driven decisions. Conduct competitive benchmarking on products and pricing recommending strategies to address gaps and opportunities in the portfolio. Develop sales presentations and educate internal teams for the value proposition that Krack provides. The product manager will need a strong technical aptitude as products involve heavy use of thermodynamics to deliver customer product solutions.
- Market Research: Develop new product opportunities by understanding product and market segmentations, and trends through research via VOC, industry reports, regulatory requirements, and other vehicles while providing ideas for the product roadmap.
- Competitive Analysis and Intelligence: Understand Krack competitor solutions and trends, monitor changes, gather pricing, benchmarking, and update SWOT assessments and perceptual maps while developing new ideas to incorporate into the product funnel for product development, improvements, and line extensions. Provide timely information to sales teams to leverage advantages findings may have.
- Customer Needs Understanding & Product Strategy: Analyze customers’ product requirements, input, and feedback and take actions to ensure current and new products continuously meet the needs not only of the customer but also the markets Krack plays in. Develop strategies to drive product adoption through innovative product solutions and marketing to gain profitable market share. Product line strategy shall consist of near term (tactical) and long term (strategic) elements.
- NPI Projects: Develop and maintain business cases and product requirements documents that clearly address customer and market needs through gap analysis, market research, sales, and VOC feedback. Provide cross-functional leadership within the product innovation process while working closely with the program management team to deliver product solutions that deliver not only to the annual operation plan (AOP) but also the LRP. Execute strong commercialization plans providing the tools necessary for the sales team to be successful.
- Product Management: Implement and manage product management activities that creatively apply the strengths of Hussmann’s product lines, technologies, knowledge base, and brand name that lead to the development of new sales opportunities, organic growth and increased profitability while managing the product roadmap. Manage the product life cycle portfolio including line extensions, new product introductions and retirement through end-of-life strategies where needed.
- Product Marketing: Collaborate with Marketing Communications for the development of sales support materials for all products to ensure products are fully supported with literature, new product launch packages, sales tools, web page content, and product support materials. Provide sales team with continuously updated competitive value selling tools while conducting sales, channel, rep, and EOR training as needed. Engage with customers as required to support the commercialization of products.
Formal Education Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree in analytical discipline (economics, engineering, etc.) required
- MBA strongly preferred (emphasis on marketing)
- 5-7 years product management experience (3-5 years with MBA)
- 7+ years of professional experience
- A technical background in refrigeration is preferred including knowledge of compressors, fans, heat exchangers, valves, electrical controls, refrigerants, and piping
- New Product Development / Stage Gate Process experience required
- Strong business and financial acumen including the ability to build business cases
- Strong attention to detail with documentation and communication including presentations, technical bulletins, marketing, and sales tools
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities
- Must be a self-starter with ability to identify and execute upon business needs with little direction or assistance
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects
- Excellent relationship, interpersonal, and collaboration skills working with internal and external constituents
- Position based in Suwanee, GA
- Travel up to 30% including international