Panasonic – Product Manager, Imaging (P&S Cameras)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This position will serve as a category expert and business manager for Imaging P&S Cameras. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of understanding users and markets, gathering requirements from multiple sources and iterating to design products that deliver value across the value chain. Imaging (P&S Cameras) are unique lifestyle products that require passion to merge technology, hobbies, and marketing strategy.
The ideal candidates will thrive in a cross-functional and collaborative environment and have a deep understanding of consumer electronics, the imaging market, and trends with ideas ready for new products that will change the marketplace.
At Panasonic, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. We are looking for those that share our passion.
PSI (Purchase, Sales, Inventory planning):
- Manage internal monthly PSI meeting process
- Create Sell-out / Sell-in forecast / Inventory management with a plan to drive towards growth achievement
- Improve forecast accuracy by facilitating CPFR operation with customers
Sales Analysis & Reporting:
- Track sales progress on daily basis to meet monthly PSI goal
- Analyze weekly sales performance and identify root cause, and risks
- Analyze market/industry trends to understand the market situation and sell-out trend
- Identify issues/risks and suggest action plans for daily operations
- Support regular internal reports
- Monitor sales progress to achieve weekly/monthly/yearly targets
- P&L Management
- Work with finance to track and manage promotional spend at success of sales target
- Execute and lead business operation under sales and profit target achievement
- Analyze sales performance and identify root cause, risk, action plan when issue arises
- Communication with Internal / External Customers
- Daily communication and timely response to customers request
- Keeping accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers
Product Development, Launch:
- Work with HQ (Japan) engineers & design team to develop a competitive and compelling product
- Work with HQ (Japan), marketing, PR to develop and lead ‘Go to Market’ strategy and execute launch of the product in a holistic and consistent manner
- Prepare and communicate the strategy with internal groups as well as with key channel partners
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years of progressive experience in Product Management, Sales and Marketing
- Prior success leading a category and developing appropriate marketing strategies and long term plans
- Advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in consumer electronics industry preferred
- Product launch experience strongly preferred
- Must have strong business knowledge, innovative thinking and sound judgement
- Strong analytical ability & detail oriented
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Excellent Multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to travel up to 15% (may include overnight & some international travel)
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as needed
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.