Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Manage the product lifecycle for Panasonic Avionics Corporation’s next-generation of in-flight entertainment (IFE) hardware Line Replacement Units (LRUs) through all product lifecycle phase, from initial executive level concept introduction, development, market lunch to phase out with a strong focus on initiating launch of new LRUs. Responsible for capturing requirements, cost targets, business case and market analysis for new generation of Headend, Structures and Harnesses part for the Panasonic IFE systems.
As a senior member of the team, strongly focus on strategic aspects of the assigned LRUs including market analysis, executive summaries, business case, competitive analysis and OEM Offerability.
Product Lifecycle Management
- Responsible for complete product definition (strategy, commitments, requirements, cost management, and technical details).
- Prepare business case for the LRUs and present it to executives during Product Review Board (PRB) meetings
- Manage initial Make/Buy recommendation process for all new LRUs and support all subsequent meetings towards successful vendor selection.
- Participate in cross-functional development and implementation weekly meetings to ensure all requirements are implemented on time and within budget.
- Function as liaison between engineering, marketing, and sales to ensure market requirements were properly translated into products.
- Interface with technical and program management teams within Panasonic, Boeing, Airbus, and customers.
- Manage new product introduction (ensure PTS, marketing, training and sales are all onboard prior to product ship date).
- Manage obsolescence for the LRUs by holding regular meetings with Product Lifecycle managers to make sure LRUs are in the proper lifecycle phase.
- Act as the primarily contact and resident expert on all matters relating to the LRUs and answer all questions from sales, marketing and program management teams in a timely manner.
- Communicate progress, achievements, and hurdles to upper management on a regular basis.
Product Manager II additional responsibilities
- Define, track and communicate implementation roadmaps and strategies for assigned areas of responsibility in support of overall product line management.
- Hold regular meetings with management to discuss product strategy, competitive analysis and market analysis incorporating data from various databases and other cross-functional teams.
- Lead a small number of product managers assigned to a specific category of LRUs.
- Mentor junior level product managers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, customers and a diverse range of internal organizations via all methods of communication.
- Familiarity with audio and video on demand (AVOD) technology such as portable music players, digital video recorders, satellite television, and satellite radio.
- Exposure to IFE, avionics, or other aircraft related products.
- Knowledge of airline operations, ARINC standards, aircraft and/or electronics manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of storage array networks, Ethernet switching, OOS, wireless network technology, and MPEG standards.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to read situations and apply diplomacy and tact in communications needed to perform duties.
- Practiced ability to communicate, present and train for product line implementation plan and initiatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively and participate in select meetings with airline customers and/or airframe manufacturers providing in depth product expertise.
- Possess strong cross organizational leadership skills.
- Ability to support complex product requirements and schedules, late product development and delivery, cost and pricing issues, as well as controlling commitments.
- Proficiency in mainstream PC desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
- Having a wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines general methods and procedures for work and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time and may be tasked with ensuring work of others is completed in a timely manner.
- 4 year college degree in a technical field (preferably in EE or CS).
- 5 - 8 years experience with product or program management or a position requiring similar skills.
- MBA with emphasis in marketing, finance or MIS preferred.
- 6 years experience in the aerospace, aviation, technical airline operations, IFE or related industry experience such as networking or consumer electronics preferred.
- Past experience with seat suppliers/galleys IFE integration or industrial design preferred.
- May require up to 20% domestic and/or international travel to customer and non-customer sites.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.