Product Manager I
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value: As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join: A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO IN THIS CRITICAL ROLE:
Ensures the overall company readiness for individual new product introductions. Manages the overall product lifecycle and responsible for business viability of the product. Coordinates specific offer ability actions/projects with Boeing, Airbus, and the world’s airlines, and manage the technical product information.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE:
Product Lifecycle Management
- Define, track and communicate implementation plans for assigned areas of responsibility in support of overall hardware related IFE Products. Areas of responsibility may include definition of requirements, business case analysis, content management, software, GSE, OEM offer ability and test, third party integration, process improvement and database management.
- Manage product line implementation plans.
- Participate in development and implementation management related activities with cross functional teams
- Function as liaison between various internal groups.
- Interface with technical and program management teams within Panasonic, Boeing, Airbus, and customers.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, customers and a diverse range of internal organizations via all methods of communication.
- Familiarity with audio and video on demand (AVOD) technology such as portable music players, digital video recorders, satellite television, and satellite radio.
- Exposure to IFE, avionics, or other aircraft related products.
- Knowledge of airline operations, ARINC standards, aircraft and/or electronics manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of storage array networks, Ethernet switching, OOS, wireless network technology, and MPEG standards.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to read situations and apply diplomacy and tact in communications needed to perform duties.
- Practiced ability to communicate, present and train for product line implementation plan and initiatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively and participate in select meetings with airline customers and/or airframe manufacturers providing in depth product expertise.
- Possess strong cross organizational leadership skills.
- Ability to support complex product requirements and schedules, late product development and delivery, cost and pricing issues, as well as controlling commitments.
- Proficiency in mainstream PC desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
- Having a wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines general methods and procedures for work and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time and may be tasked with ensuring work of others is completed in a timely manner.
- 4 year university degree in a technical field (preferably in EE or CS).
- 5 - 8 years experience with product or program management or a position requiring similar skills.
- MBA with emphasis in marketing, finance or MIS preferred.
- 6 years experience in the aerospace, aviation, technical airline operations, IFE or related industry experience such as networking or consumer electronics preferred.
- Past experience within the MSO (Multiple System Operator) or DBS (Direct Broadcast Satellite) market preferred.
- May require up to 10% domestic and/or international travel to customer and non-customer sites.