Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Manage the product lifecycle for Panasonic Avionics Corporation’s next-generation of in-flight entertainment (IFE) hardware Line Replacement Units (LRUs) through all product lifecycle phase, from initial launch to phase out. with a strong focus on initiating launch of new LRUs. Responsible for capturing requirements, cost targets, business case and market analysis for new LRUs.
Product Lifecycle Management
- Responsible for complete product definition (strategy, commitments, requirements, cost management, and technical details).
- Prepare business case for the LRUs and present it to executives during PRB meetings
- Manage initial Make/Buy recommendation process for all new LRUs and support all subsequent meetings towards successful vendor selection.
- Participate in cross-functional development and implementation weekly meetings to ensure all requirements are implemented on time and within budget.
- Function as liaison between engineering, marketing, and sales to ensure market requirements were properly translated into products.
- Interface with technical and program management teams within Panasonic, Boeing, Airbus, and customers.
- Manage new product introduction (ensure PTS, marketing, training and sales are all onboard prior to product ship date).
- Manage obsolescence for the LRUs by holding regular meetings with Product Lifecycle managers to make sure LRUs are in the proper lifecycle phase.
- Act as the primarily contact and resident expert on all matters relating to the LRUs and answer all questions from sales, marketing and program management teams in a timely manner.
- Communicate progress, achievements, and hurdles to upper management on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, customers and a diverse range of internal organizations via all methods of communication.
- Proven ability to communicate, present and train for products and initiatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively and participate in select meetings with airline customers and/or airframe manufacturers providing in depth product expertise.
- Practiced ability to participate in system/product technical discussions presenting and negotiating product requirements and development activities.
- Ability to lead cross-functional team meetings.
- Ability to support complex product requirements and schedules, late product development and delivery, cost and pricing issues, as well as controlling commitments.
- Knowledgeable of IFE, avionics, or other aircraft related products.
- Working knowledge computer technologies/networks and consumer electronics (CE) technologies required.
- Proficiency in mainstream PC desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) required.
- Knowledge of airline operations, ARINC standards, and electronics manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of storage array networks, Ethernet switching, OOS, wireless network technology, and MPEG standards.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- 4 years college degree in a technical field preferably in EE or CS.
- 2 years working in product management or demonstrated team leadership exp. in a systems environment.
- 3 - 5 years experience with product management or a position requiring similar skills.
- MBA with emphasis in marketing, finance or MIS preferred.
- 4 years experience in the aerospace, aviation, technical airline operations, IFE or related industry experience such as networking or consumer electronics preferred.
- Minimal lifting to support road show demos.
- May require up to 10% domestic and/or international travel to customer and non-customer sites.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.