You will lead the marketing and business product strategy for our self-contained refrigerated equipment. This exciting position reports to the Director of Product Management and plays a key role in the success of the product line.
- Lead the marketing and business planning process for our self-contained equipment.
- Work cross-functionally with sales, engineering, manufacturing, finance, etc. to set profitability expectations, define objectives and short- and mid-range action plans for growth.
- Lead the Product Portfolio life cycle management for self-contained equipment by supporting the existing channel and product strategies.
- Build upon existing product roadmaps and brand strategies to develop new five-year strategic plans.
- Oversee forecasting, pricing, promotion, marketing communications, packaging, collateral materials, and product management for the self-contained product. This will include collaborating with internal departments and outside vendors such as advertising agencies, suppliers, and consultants, among others, as required.
- Assess and evaluate the channels of distribution to devise appropriate channel marketing strategies pertinent to the existing and targeted customer base and improve overall results.
- Enhance and build brand strength to capitalize and leverage the company’s competitive advantage – brand equity, and product value and quality.
- Develop and train market and sales team personnel on the product.
- Continuously review performance of all aspects of the product group compared to plans and objectives.
- Establish strong communication and partnering relationships between marketing and the sales organization to accommodate smooth and effective operations. Maintain regular contact with sales management to facilitate the consistent flow of sales and marketing ideas.
- Assure that all pertinent market intelligence is gathered and analyzed including a thorough understanding of customer needs, market trends, competitive strengths and weaknesses, and market opportunities.
- Ensure timely adjustments to changing markets and competitive conditions through continuous analysis of market reaction and customer contact.
- Provide marketing, sales, and business management direction to internal operating units, including allocation of resources and coordination of projects.
- Frequent contact with sales, manufacturing, engineering, logistics, purchasing, and finance is expected.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and direct values analysis/value enhancement programs to maximize profits and market penetration with respective product lines.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing or business administration is required; MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in product leadership/management
- 5 years of relevant marketing experience within durable goods companies
- Experience and a proven track record in successfully working with refrigeration products and applications desired.
- Experience supporting product & marketing management, new product development and strategy activities.
- Must also understand common analyses such as product analysis and competitor analysis
- Must be able to travel up to 25% - occasional international travel
- Ability to speak or write Spanish an asset
- Strong IT acumen to incorporate new tools for enhanced product profitability
You will be eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.