Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Digital Product Management team is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric Product Manager who will drive the execution of new and existing digital products to build market-driven, engaging experiences and solutions for Panasonic Avionics customers.
You will need to understand customer requirements and be responsible for driving and synthesizing these into product features and roadmaps. You will help define business requirements and lead a cross-functional product team to meet functional, cost and schedule goals.
This position will create buy-in with both internal and external stakeholders and serve as a focal point within the organization regarding products, life cycle management, market, competition and strategy for a specific product line. You will create business requirements documents and work with development teams to scope, plan and build new features, tools and workflows.
- Develop business cases and customer proposals for all new product opportunities
- Work with Sales & Business Unit leads to develop accurate new product revenue forecasts
- Successfully champion product launches through requirements, development and commercialization
- Lead strategy and execution of our analytics roadmap with the goal of scaling our data products to be more accessible, reliable, and digestible for customers and all employees across the company
- Collaborating closely with data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, products managers, and marketers to deeply understand their problems and goals, and then design and prioritize solutions to help achieve those goals
- Spearhead the integration of new data sources and platforms.
- Define analytics and visualization tooling requirements and if necessary, lead the vendor evaluation process
- Develop frameworks to establish data governance and privacy compliance
- Monitor and report on KPIs that measure the success of our data products
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences — internal teams, external partners and PAC's senior leadership
- Break down problems, document problem statements and estimate efforts
- Create product roadmaps, software features and requirements for engineering consumption
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals
- Translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units
- Explore alternative technology and approaches to solving problems
- Proficient in new product development process, lifecycle management, VOC, and development of business plans for products and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in diverse team environment, including coordination, problem solving, conflict resolution and consensus building skills.
- Demonstrated customer-centric focus, keenly aware of markets, trends, competition
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up product decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to influence others
- Requires the ability to develop comprehensive business cases with detailed financial analysis; Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track revenue results.
- Pragmatic Marketing equivalent experience/certification
- Agile methodology
- Experience with data reporting, visualization solutions such as Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence/Analytics and visualization best practices and techniques.
- Experience with modern digital application communications and data transfer (e.g. internal and external APIs)
- Experience with software requirements tools like DOORS, JAMA, AHA, JIRA
- Bachelor’s or MS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Mathematics or similar quantitative fields
- MBA with emphasis in marketing, finance or MIS preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working on data products as a product manager, or as an analyst or data engineer with product management experience
- 3 years in a position with customer relationship experience.
- Experience working with airlines, or elsewhere in the aviation, travel or related business areas would be beneficial
- Working understanding of database and data infrastructure principles would be beneficial
- Experience with AWS and Quicksights is a plus
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.