You will be a product & service expert for Hussmann's StoreConnect Predictive Analytics platform. The Product Manager must understand users and markets, be able to gather requirements from multiple sources and iterate to design products & services that deliver value across the entire retail value chain. You will excel in a cross-functional and collaborative environment focused on the latest retail services technology and data utilization to improve retail and service key performance indicators.
Reporting to a leader in the Retail Service Technology team, the Product Manager is a professional who is centered between Customer Experience, Business, and Technology. You will be a product & service expert for Hussmann's StoreConnect Predictive Analytics platform. The Product Manager must understand users and markets, be able to gather requirements from multiple sources and iterate to design products & services that deliver value across the entire retail value chain. You will excel in a cross-functional and collaborative environment focused on the latest retail services technology and data utilization to improve retail and service key performance indicators.
- Analyze market trends to understand market conditions, competition, cross industry expertise, and how to leverage to existing product base. Opportunities are assessed by an understanding of market size, segmentation and trends through research, VOC and focus group studies as an example.
- Meet with Commercial Leaders in all areas of the business to understand needs, identify gaps and provide focus points on opportunities. Craft and create sales & marketing plans that implement creative application of the strengths of Hussmann's technologies, knowledge base and brand name resulting in sales opportunities and increased profitability.
- Lead the Product Review Board process by outlining the prioritized matrix of product feature to ensure that it attributes with a customer focus position and set to value delivery.
- Remain current on product creation and stages of lifecycle in order to communicate with all front-end and back-end teams for effective feedback and training.
- Develop products by identifying key opportunities in the Commercial Refrigeration landscape as it relates to the retail services, contracting and distribution markets.
- Conduct market research; generate product requirements; determine specifications, align on time, needs and pricing, and time-integrated plans for product and service introduction and developing and executing marketing strategies.
- Provide leadership to the marketing and sales teams in the development of a 'Go to Market' strategy and execute launch of the product consistent manner
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provide source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies.
- Bachelor's degree. Concentration in business, marketing, or management is preferred, but other concentrations will be considered.
- 6+ years product management, marketing, business development or relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of Hussmann's products and/or food retail experience preferred
- Proven analytical skills to lead teams, define issues, collect data, draw valid conclusions, and present recommendations.
- Excellent relationship building skills, with the ability to understand customer needs and collaborate with internal and external team players to create solutions to meet client needs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively lead multiple activities with competing deadlines; ability to set and attain goals through others.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and detail orientation.
- Strong business and financial acumen including the ability to build business cases.
- Proficient in excel (can perform complex functions) , Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, BI
- You will be eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.