Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills, and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
A customer focused Product Line Manager who will lead the definition of connectivity Satellite and Ground Networks Management requirements for our Wi-Fi and mobile data services (Inflight Connectivity [IFC], Quality of Service [QoS], and Quality of Experience [QoE]), which are central to driving passenger satisfaction, adoption rates, and service revenue. The role will also provide technical subject matter expertise and help shape Panasonic’s B2B commercial models with our airline customers and support the development of detailed business plans for the connectivity sector.
The role will be driven by a deep understanding of customer and market problems related to IFC service and IFC-enabled apps, along with an understanding of consumer and airline preferences across our global market portfolio.
This position will leverage the Pragmatic Marketing Framework to build and market products people want to buy and ensure that the product roadmap aligns with Panasonic’s strategic vision. The product ownership itself is end-to-end; you will take opportunities from the initial business case hypothesis and user stories through to use case and requirements definition, development guidance, go-to-market strategy, deployment, and post-delivery validation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong SATCOM, IT, and networking background with relevant FSS, MSS, and aviation knowledge. This includes a deep understanding of satellite network operations, teleports, Ku-band, LEO and GEO networks, TVRO, multicasting, and network intelligence tools such as Sandvine.
Product Line Management
• Develop product strategy, business plans, roadmap, marketing strategy, and forecasts for the IFC network in alignment with Business Unit (BU) goals.
• Identify and continually refine Product Line plans (requirements, phase in/out plans, SOWs, market segmentation, product marketing, sales strategy, pricing, roadmap) that provide the best return in terms of revenue, customer satisfaction, and long-term market leadership.
• Develop pricing guidelines for IFC products, network management, digital services, and partner integration services, creating demand growth and achieving revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share goals.
• Work with the BU to develop accurate new product revenue forecasts.
• Understand and articulate customer needs and feedback, build associated business cases and prioritize product requirements; synthesize data from various sources to inform product decisions, alongside good intuition and subject matter expertise.
• Utilize the Product Review Board (PRB) process to gain Executive authorization for new product development and to secure required roadmap investments.
• Create buy-in with both internal and external stakeholders and serve as a focal point within the organization regarding products, life cycle management, market knowledge, competitive intelligence, and strategy for the IFC product lines.
• Create business requirements documents and work with development teams to scope, plan and build new features, tools, and workflows.
• Coordinate/lead Integrated Product Teams (IPT) focusing on new product adoption or improvements to existing products and support tools.
• Regularly monitor and negotiate Product Line commitments to inform internal stakeholders and ensure smooth implementation (development milestones, launch dates, introduction rates, etc.).
Communication and Leadership
• A team player in Connectivity product management, seeking alignment while being able to confidently and professionally assert opinion and subject matter expertise.
• Assure that product development plans are communicated, understood, and implemented internally throughout the company in the context of the overall product portfolio and roadmap.
• Participate and present in select meetings with airline customers.
• Participate in system/product discussions internally as well as with customers and industry organizations and standards bodies.
• Distill noise, clear bottlenecks, and understand interdependencies to help define product priorities; collaborate cross-functionally on feature concepts
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories.
• Explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Identify and resolve any issues which may inhibit implementation of the development plan and on-time delivery.
What we’re looking for:
• TCP/IP addressing and routing
• Statistical methods and Probability analysis
• SQL concepts – queries and joins
• OSI layers
• General knowledge of consumer and business Internet apps and protocols
• Application filtering concepts
• Network traffic management and traffic shaping concepts
• Data Usage Analysis
• QoS and related standards
• API interfaces
• Traffic management and intelligence tools
• Slide presentation preparation and spreadsheet/cloud analysis
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with internal teams, suppliers, customers, partners, and a diverse range of internal organizations via all methods of communication.
• Must have the ability to take leadership in cross-functional team meetings.
• Ability to influence others without possessing direct authority.
• Ability to articulate product requirements from business use cases to development planning.
• Understanding of product lifecycle management, gathering product metrics, adapting to market dynamics, and creating new strategies.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Experience as a product influencer with a proven ability to maintain deep technical and business knowledge of various market segments.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Marketing or Business, MBA preferred.
• 10+ years of progressive experience in a Product Management or Marketing role, ideally in the aviation or telecom sector preferred.
• Minimum of 5+ years of Product Line Management experience preferred.
• 3+ years of experience working at (or with) an IFC, internet service provider, or telecom preferred.
Nice to have
• Basic SATCOM – standard DVB waveform, modem metrics, and spectral efficiency knowledge.
• Basic Wi-Fi 5 & 6 – capacity sharing and spectrum experience.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspect of leading our industry is the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive, and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company-paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employees, spouse, and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term Disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third-party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third-party customers, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.