Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
We are currently working remotely until the end of 2021 and will offer a hybrid/remote work schedule once we return to our new offices in Irvine early 2022.
Manage the product lifecycle for Panasonic Avionics Corporation’s next generation of in-flight entertainment (IFE) hardware Line Replacement Units (LRUs) through all product lifecycle phase, from initial launch to phase out. with a strong focus on initiating launch of new LRUs. Responsible for capturing requirements, cost targets, business case and market analysis for new LRUs. As a senior member of the team, strongly focus on strategic aspects of the assigned LRUs including market analysis, executive summaries, business case, competitive analysis and OEM Offerability.
Product Line Management
- Develop and communicate business plans, roadmap, marketing strategy and forecasts for product lines, in alignment with PRB process
- Identify and continually refine Product Line Definition (strategy, commitments, requirements, cost management, phase in/out plans, SOWs, target market, pricing, roadmap) that provide the best return in terms of customer satisfaction and long-term company growth.
- Coordinate departmental or cross-functional teams focusing on delivering new or upgrading existing products.
- Continually monitor and negotiate Product Line commitments to ensure smooth implementation (development milestones, introduction rates, offer ability, etc.).
- Participate in cross-functional development and implementation weekly meetings to ensure all requirements are implemented on time and within budget.
- Participate and present in select meetings with airline customers.
- Participate in system/product discussions by either capturing product directives or presenting product requirements.
- Communicate progress and achievements on a regular basis
- Identify and resolve any issues which may inhibit implementation of the plan and on-time delivery.
- Escalate challenges to senior leadership when appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, customers and a diverse range of internal organizations via all methods of communication.
- Must have ability to take leadership in cross-functional team meetings.
- Ability to articulate product requirements from business use case to development team.
- Proficient in the use of mainstream PC desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VISIO, Project).
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time and may be tasked with ensuring work of others is completed in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 7 years of Product Line Management experience or a position requiring similar skills.
- 7 years of experience in the aerospace, aviation, technical airline operations, IFE or related industry experience such as networking or consumer electronics preferred.
- Experience providing guidance and mentoring to product management team members preferred.
- MBA with emphasis in marketing, finance or MIS preferred
- Up to 15-20% domestic & international travel.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.