Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The Digital Product Management team is seeking an experienced, innovative Product Manager to build and lead the product strategy for components of our new Platform system. This new Platform is the future foundation for Panasonic Avionics’ In-Flight Entertainment digital solutions. This Platform will function as the core operating system, layers, and services to support Panasonic digital apps and integrate with third-party solutions and mobile devices. The Product Manager will need to learn and understand our core systems and key components to provide a scalable solution along with understanding airline customer and passenger needs and goals. The Product Manager will prioritize development to provide the most value as early as possible. This person will also need to understand and support the use cases of modern operating systems and platforms.
The Product Manager will be responsible for translating identified needs into product strategy, with clearly defined features and roadmaps. This person will help define business requirements and work with one or more Scrum teams to meet functional, cost and schedule goals. Although the current focus for this role is the new Platform, we may expect the product manager to drive the execution of other digital products to build market-driven, engaging experiences and solutions for Panasonic Avionics customers.
- Understand and articulate customer needs from business units, airlines, and passengers
- Evaluate customer needs, incoming enhancement requests, and existing support requirements and prioritize features and functionality to deliver the most value
- Define the product vison and roadmap for components of Panasonic Avionics new Platform system
- Act as Product Owner/Manager of one or more Scrum teams to deliver on that vision
- Help coordinate and synchronize initiatives across different internal product groups by sharing the vision, identifying interdependencies, and building consensus on common components
- Manage product lifecycle performance, product quality/delivery/reliability, and cost reduction opportunities
- As necessary, build associated business cases for components and products
- Work well with customers, internal cross-functional teams, and have a passion for delivering solutions that delight customers.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, business, or marketing
- 5+ years of software product management experience with a track record of building and launching successful products
- Specific experience with B2B and/or B2B2C technology solutions is desired
- Experience with enabling third-party integrations is a plus
- Understanding of concepts, designs, and terminology of platform or system software is important
- Experience in the airline, travel, or related business industries preferred
- Experience as a Product Manager defining, managing, and launching software products (B2B or B2B2C preferred)
- Ability to review, evaluate and balance incoming requests, market opportunities, business goals, technical options, overall costs, and time-to-market goals and prioritize items with the most value
- Experience acting as the Product Manager/Owner and delivering products using Agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- Familiarity with concepts and architecture of foundational systems and components in software (e.g., operating system and shared components/services)
- Basic understanding of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and how they can be used to enable internal and third-party applications
- Understanding of how, when, and where the Cloud (e.g., AWS) can help with software products
- Demonstrated experience in a diverse team environment, including coordination, problem solving, and consensus building skills
- A flexible, but organized approach to managing your work; the ability to manage ambiguity and complexity
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up product decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to influence others
- Familiarity with prototyping and other creative ways to gather direct feedback early in the product development process
- Ability to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Pragmatic Marketing experience/certification preferred
- Experience in airline industry preferred
- Knowledge or experience with Scaled Agile Framework for the Enterprise (SAFe) is a plus but not required
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off:
- Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.