Product Line Manager I
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO IN THIS CRITICAL ROLE:
Provide oversight and management of a product line from initial launch to phase out, ensuring on-time delivery of products which meet company commitments. Responsible for ensuring product implementation expectations are communicated throughout the company. Responsible for identification and resolution of issues, which inhibit implementation of product commitments.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE:
Product Definition and Roadmapping Process
- Develop business plan, program directive, marketing strategy and forecasts for product lines.
- Identify and continually refine Product Line plans i.e. requirements, phase in/out plans, SOWs, target market, product marketing, sales strategy, pricing, roadmap, that provide the best return in terms of customer satisfaction and long-term company growth.
- Coordinate departmental or cross-functional teams focusing on delivering new or upgrading existing products.
- Continually monitor and negotiate Product Line commitments to ensure smooth implementation (development milestones, introduction rates, offer ability, etc.).
- Maintain current status of customer requirements for existing and future products.
- Assure plan is communicated understood and implemented internally throughout PAC.
- Participate and present in select meetings with airline customers and airframe manufacturers.
- Participates in system/product discussions by either capturing product directives or presenting product requirements.
- Identify and resolve any issues which may inhibit implementation of the plan and on-time delivery
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, customers and a diverse range of internal organizations via all methods of communication.
- Ability to articulate product requirements for their implementation to Product Managers.
- Ability to take leadership in cross-functional team meetings.
- Proficient with mainstream PC desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VISIO, Project).
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- 4 year degree, preferably in EE or CS.
- 5 years experience in the aerospace or related industry.
- 3 years in a position with customer relationship experience.
- 4 years experience in the IFE industry preferred.
- MBA with emphasis in marketing, finance or MIS preferred.
- Experienced user of mobile computing devices preferred.
- Exposure to IFE or avionics airplane installation projects, airline operations and/or electronics manufacturing preferred.
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value: As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join: A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!