Advertising Product Line Manager – Remote
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
We are currently working remotely until March 2022 and will offer 100% remote or if you are local and want to be in the office, we will offer a hybrid/remote work schedule once we return to our new offices in Irvine.
The Digital Product Management team is seeking an innovative Product Manager to build and lead the product strategy for a new advertising technology platform. This platform will support advertising and sponsorship campaigns delivered across multiple formats, primarily for the inflight/airline passenger audience. The platform will need to be capable of delivering sophisticated campaign performance management tools and reporting.
The product manager will need to work closely with our internal advertising sales and operational team, as well as understand airline customer requirements, to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. They will need to align those needs with real world advertising standards and available technologies to define the product vision.
Although the current focus for this role is for the advertising platform, we may expect the product manager to drive the execution of other digital products to build market-driven, engaging experiences and solutions for Panasonic Avionics customers. You will need to understand customer needs and be responsible for translating these into product strategy, with clearly defined features and roadmaps. You will help define business requirements and lead a cross-functional product team to meet functional, cost and schedule goals.
- Define the product vison, strategy, and roadmap for a Panasonic Avionics Advertising Platform
- Lead a cross functional product team to define critical factors that influence the product strategy, including requirements for revenue optimization, campaign management, operational, reporting and other needs
- Understand and articulate customer needs from the business unit, airline customer and advertiser user groups
- Work with Sales & Business Unit leads to develop accurate new product revenue forecasts
- Build associated business cases and prioritize product requirements; synthesize data from various sources to inform product decisions, alongside good intuition and prior experience
- Develop pricing guidelines for digital products, creating demand and achieving revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share goals
- Coordinate and synchronize initiatives across different internal product groups by sharing the vision, identifying interdependencies and building consensus on common components
- Successfully champion product launch through collaboration with product marketing, sales and the business unit
- Define, monitor and report on KPIs that measure the success of our digital products
- Manage product lifecycle performance, product quality/delivery/reliability, cost reduction, obsolescence, and strategic resource allocation
- Evaluate and recommend product innovations and enhancements that drive business value and maximize the ROI for the product(s)
- Lead cross-functional product teams and drive collaboration; define product priorities; ensure other product teams have a clear understanding of the advertising product strategy
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals
- Translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units
- Explore alternative technology and approaches to solving problems
- Provide product direction, product plans, value and benefits to all audiences — internal teams, external partners and PAC's senior leadership
- Break down problems, document problem statements and estimate efforts
- Create product roadmaps, software features and requirements for engineering consumption
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing or computer science disciplines
- 6+ years of product management experience with a track record of building and launching successful products
- Specific experience with advertising technology platforms is required; Experience with other e-commerce platforms is a plus
- Knowledge of digital advertising programs and use/delivery of campaign management metrics is important
- Knowledge of different media types, from online to video and audio, digital and linear is also useful
- Comprehensive knowledge of system architecture(s) for Advertising service delivery including customer, agency and advertiser management
- Strong knowledge of advanced advertising products and services, data driven optimization, programmatic advertising platforms, audience based buying and linear addressable advertising capabilities
- A good understanding of media advertising business and is comfortable with media research terminology
- Proficient in new product development process, lifecycle management, VOC, and development of business plans for products and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in diverse team environment, including coordination, problem solving, conflict resolution and consensus building skills.
- Demonstrated customer-centric focus, keenly aware of markets, trends, competition
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up product decisions
- Requires the ability to develop comprehensive business cases with detailed financial analysis; Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track revenue results.
- Ability to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Pragmatic Marketing experience/certification
- Agile methodology
- Familiarity with experience prototyping and other creative ways to gather direct feedback early in the product development process
- Experience working with airlines, aviation/aerospace, travel or related area are highly desirable.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.