Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- Manage technical product integration with Boeing to ensure system and LRU level offer-ability and smooth transition from project start to first of model installs
- Product Integration
- Ensure LRU & System designs meet Boeing installation and offer-ability requirements.
- Alert management of any potential integration issues.
- Negotiate Boeing schedule requirements and communicate to Project Management.
- Provide Boeing technical expertise to facilitate Product Management decisions.
- Facilitate the evaluation and resolution of obsolescence issues.
- Facilitate timely acceptance of Notification of Changes (NOCs) with Boeing and internal departments.
- Negotiate software interface requirements and facilitate their completion and acceptance.
- Technical Service Agreements (TSA) & Statement of Work (SOW)
- Support internal and external meetings when preparing for Letter of Information (LOI) and SOW.
- Review draft LOIs, TSAs SOWs.
- Provide technical support to contractual negotiations.
- Facilitate the successful completion of all SOW requirements—working with Panasonic internal teams and Boeing to complete actions as needed.
- Facilitate completion of system level requirements identified in the SOW.
- Technical Data
- Negotiate Boeing certification and installation technical data requirements and facilitate their completion and acceptance.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5 years system integration experience in the aerospace or related industry. Preferably direct experience with the Boeing company.
- Technical experience in the In-Flight Entertainment industry preferred.
- A working knowledge of In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) airplane installation projects, IFE certification processes, and airline operations.
- Familiarity with Boeing processes and organizations structure.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with Boeing, Panasonic internal engineering, suppliers, customers and a diverse range of supporting internal organizations via all methods of communication.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to successfully complete and deliver technical product or system project.
- Ability to articulate product technical requirements for their implementation to Product Managers, engineering and structures.
- Ability to evaluate and negotiate Boeing technical and procedural requirements.
- Ability to effectively influence multiple constituencies internally and externally without direct organizational management responsibility.
- Proficient in the use of mainstream PC desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VISIO, Project, Doors, Synergy, Agile).
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Ability to use independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time.
- 20% of domestic USA travel required.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.