SENIOR PRODUCT ENGINEER
ITC Global requires a Senior Product Engineer based at their Aberdeen offices.
The primary objective of the Sr Product Engineer will be to design, develop and ensure quality of products. The Sr Product Engineer will take responsibility for leading feature development on a project team through technical problem solving and creatively meeting product objectives. The incumbent will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish their goals. The Sr Product Engineer will work directly with R&D, Marketing and Engineering team leads to create a strategy for the development of new products. The Sr Product Engineer will decide on which vendors are worthwhile to pursue and the order in which new product development priority is focused.
- Product Development
- Determine which new products are viable for use in production.
- Design and develop a product or product family.
- Establish test plans and procedures for quality assurance of finished product.
- Develop Bill of Material (BOM) cost estimates
- Work with QA to ensure all new product procedures are clear and concise.
- Work with external resources to resolve product issues.
- Work with external design resources to ensure quality design and performance.
- Technical Support
- Provide Operations with technical support during initial rollout of solution
- Provide training for both Operations and Engineering teams
- Assist Supply Chain in supplier source selection/ evaluation
- Comply with the requirements of the Safety Management System
- Conduct, attend and actively participate in safety and safety toolbox meetings as required
- Report incidents and hazards
- Participate in incident investigations
- Advanced understanding of RF Technologies
- Advanced understanding routing protocols and configuration
- Firm grasp and experience in troubleshooting network and application protocols
- Demonstrated experience in writing/ executing test plans
- Demonstrated experience in Quality Assurance protocols
- Detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable giving presentations in front of a group of engineers or executives
- Staying on top of the latest and greatest in related technologies, and providing recommendations and suggestions to the team
- Cisco certifications are recommended
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or other related engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of engineering experience
Working Conditions/Physical Elements
- Normal office and lab environment. No heavy lifting or extreme physical labor is required.
- Must have flexibility of working extended hours, weekends, holidays, on call for critical requirements.
- Good understanding of cultural sensitivities across work environments.
- On-call rotation required as part of this position
- Occasional travel to other ITC Global offices or client visits may be required.