Panasonic – Product Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
Engineer will specialize in Robotics Camera & Live Production Switcher product lines and look after it technically to support Sales Engineering and Sales Team.
Performs new product evaluations using industry accepted practices, communicates with development team to resolve design issues. Works with 3rd party products and services that will help Panasonic offer better products and solutions.
- Perform new product evaluations using industry accepted practices, communicate with development team to resolve design issues, enhancements and provide an official acceptance report.
- Engage in new product development with customers, Sales, Product Management and Development Teams. Lead new product research, including customer visits and focus groups. Create new product specifications for the development process.
- Create, maintain, and foster relationships with the customer base with the idea towards establishing frequent focus groups with the resultant VOC reports utilized by both PSSNA and development team for new product development.
- Supports Technology Demonstrations using hands-on integration as well as product value propositions through verbal, written and visual communication. Create promotional collateral, print, videos and other sales tools targeting specific markets and applications.
- Performs testing on all new and prototype Panasonic products (features and software builds) as well as third party components either resold or certified, completing designs where appropriate.
- Creates presentations on particularly unique applications to provide new approaches to sales channel stakeholders and customers, also presentations on competitive product weaknesses. Creates product training documents on new and existing products and software. Provide technical support and training to internal engineering and sales personnel in addition to key customers.
- Reports on the needs of customers and recurring requests from customers to product management engineering and development teams in Japan to keep US customers’ needs top of mind.
- Participates in industry organizations (AVIXA, SMPTE, etc.) to keep current on industry developments and maintain relationships with technology leaders involved in live production, sports, entertainment, and broadcast technologies.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Preferred B.S. Degree in the following areas: Computer Science, Broadcast or AV/IT Engineering, Information Systems, Pro Video Business, or similar
- Special consideration to applicants with equivalent hands-on experience
- 3-5 Years on-site network or broadcast system deployment or installation projects
- Experience in configuring IP networks and maintaining servers (Cisco / AVIXA / SMPTE Certification Required).
- Excellent knowledge of Live Production Switchers, IP Streaming, IP control, IP Networking and related applications. Experience in managing network or broadcast system under time sensitive constraints.
- Experience in IP Networking, TCP/IP protocols, network architecture, and network troubleshooting (Wireshark, etc.)
- Preferred experience and understanding of software development, basic coding (Java, HTML, Crestron etc.), and/or API/protocol implementation of connected devices.
- Demonstrated results-orientation, an eye for quality.
- Attention to details with a strong track record of delivering results according to project schedules, with minimal oversight.
- Proficient in verbal communication skills including presentation to large audiences.
- Ability to develop and foster collaborative working relationships with the customer, project managers and team members.
- Ability to effectively present information to team members, cross department, customers and prospects.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment with minimal day-to-day direction
- Ability to travel 50%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.