Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get to Do:
To proceed new product development as a liaison between factories- Mexico, China and Japan - and sales team to realize the specifications identified/proposed by project team.
This product engineer will lead new product development teams as the project leader to develop new products if assigned. In this project, he or she will work with individuals from across the company to identify and define target market segments, market requirements, key business strategies and the competitive environment.
Responsibility will also collaborate regularly with Production Services, Marketing, and on occasion-- with technical counterparts from other organizations, including customers, consultants, etc. He or she will interact with internal customers - co-workers - and may participate in the resolution of external customers’ issues, when required.
- Participate project meeting to collect all the market information needed in shaping the plan by providing a view of manufacturing and achieve the specification and financial target
- Deliver the projects objective on time and Lead the project team to ensure each member is completing his/her functional assignments to move the project along throughout the entire product development process.
- Develop a good story and or strategy as to why we need the new product. Report to the management team as required.
- Work with factory finance team and production team to calculate the manufacturing cost and profitability
- Participate in the Home Ventilating Institute product testing at Texas AM and Element with factory engineer and take appropriate action to ensure certification. Make preliminary and/or final spec sheet based on the test results, summarizing technical advantage against competitors and apply the test results to HVI Energy Star for certification whenever we have new products
- Provide technical support for all products and develop quality reports with sales team and solve issues by finding the root cause with the help from factory. Conduct field surveys to find the cause/phenomenon also might be required.
- Collaborate other internal groups to provide product trainings to our sales team, customer service call center and our customers.
- Budget, employees direct and indirect and other resources managed.
- Reports to product development manager
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical engineering required.
- Minimum of 2 years of product development experience is required
- Experience with basic scientific inquiry, research techniques, and basic statistical methods background preferred
- HVAC design in house and/or ventilation knowledge are preferred
- A full understanding of the requirements of new product development from concept to launch; familiar with working within a formal product development process
- Effective project management skills - i.e. project scheduling, resource allocations, risk management, etc…; demonstrated ability to lead/manage/work effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Extremely detail oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proven problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, conscientious and solid work ethic
- Strong, disciplined, decisive, business oriented, leader
- Innovative; customer focused
- Proactive; action and results oriented; operates with a sense of urgency
- Positive attitude; embraces new learning and self-improvement.
- Sound business acumen.
- Strong computer skills - MS Word, Excel, PPT, Project
- Familiar with basic statistical techniques.
- Comfortable with change, and ability to lead change.
- English and Spanish capability is preferred
- Work in San Diego office.
- Training on Product Development at Panasonic Eco Systems North America in Newark, NJ to understand the business and development process
- Some domestic travel may be required - 20 to 30% - to meetings, trade shows, product testing and customer locations
- Travel to Tijuana, MX factory for one or two days per week may be required to communicate with engineering members.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.